SOLD Mason Bokeh All Road Gravel Dirt Touring Bike Grey 58cm 700c SOLD

pct
pct Posts: 3
Up for sale here is the Mason Bokeh gravel/all road bike. I'm assuming if you're here you know how good this bike is. Multi-award winning trail destroyer/multi-day tourer/crosser/roadie/commuter, you name it, this bike does it (apart from world cup downhill).

Buying direct from MASON CYCLES in the summer of 2017, I set off on my adventure with this bike with the intention of getting fit again and trying out bikepacking & touring, as well as general trail/road riding of course. Fast forward two months and I'd put in approx. 600 miles and was feeling better and stronger every day, only to break my shoulder one day before a biking trip to Wales. After months of recuperation I'd become frustrated and out of passion. And now at present, I need a car more than anything, hence the sale. Would rather sell my soul than this bike. It's utterly awesome. It has a perfect blend of speed and stability. Perfect for where I live in the Lakes as there is no-where it won't take you. It inspires confidence and a desire to explore. Easily keeps ahead of my friends on dedicated road bikes as they have to actually slow down for things, the Bokeh just rides on over them. The range of tyre & wheel combos this bike can accept is ridiculous. I switched out the 35's for some 45's to set it up for bikepacking and it instantly adapts to the new thickness, providing more traction and stability.

Frame is a gorgeous, muted Element Grey in 58cm. I'm 6'1" and it fits perfect. The spec is as stock apart from the wider, flared Salsa drop bars I specced at the time of purchase. The lightweight Bontrager bottle cage will be left on.

Highlights include:
  • Custom formed frame, completely handmade in Italy by hand-selected frame builders.
  • Custom MASON carbon fork with Mason's patented bolt-thru-axle.
  • Subtle and personal branding (this frame is a work of pure love & dedication from the owner, Dom Mason)
  • Full Shimano Ultegra groupset, 2 x 11 inc. discs.
  • Hand built custom 700c gravel wheel set from Hunt, based in the UK. Tubeless ready.
  • Custom Mason carbon seat post and clamp.
  • Custom coloured Fabric Scoop saddle (very comfy).
  • Panaracer 700 x 35 Gravelking SK tyres are perfectly specced for all-road by Dom.
  • Deda cockpit.
  • Multi-port internal cable routing (adaptable).
  • Three bottle mounts.
  • Guard mounts.
  • Impressively light for an Aluminium bike that is built to take the rough stuff too.
  • As poised on the road as a dedicated road bike.
  • Transfers from road - gravel - off road effortlessly.
  • Takes a 650b x 50 wheel set! (gives near hard-tail performance).
Genuinely regretful sale. It's depressing even typing this advert. The buyer will have years of use from this exceptional bike. Overall cost was £3180.00 and given the amount of miles this bike is capable of I feel like that's remarkable value. I've priced it to reflect over a £1200 drop for the 600miles that it's done, bargain.

The bike is in excellent condition overall. I've maintained it to a high degree and it has never spent a single night stored outside (it's currently hanging form the wall in the bedroom). There are one or two small chips to be expected and a mark on the top tube and down tube (see pics). I may have some colour specific touch-up paint or failing that it can be purchased direct from Mason. I've also just realised that one of the covers is missing from the brake left lever which doesn't effect performance in any way. It will obviously benefit from being correctly set-up after un-boxing. The XT SPD's will be removed before collection or shipping (or I'll leave them on if required for £35, very little use), and I've just given it a proper clean down with Muc-Off.

Viewing/test rides are fine (and strongly recommended to appreciate the quality), just get in touch. Collection in person is preferred (from CA12 4NP, central Lake District) but I'm happy to ship by courier which will be approx £25. There would also be a possibility to deliver the bike depending on location etc. I'll ship with all components wrapped and in a bike box, but please allow a few days to get this sorted as I have kids and they mess everything up. Any questions please ask.

Price is £1975.00 (or £2000.00 delivered by courier). I don't have a dedicated photo stream so please get in touch via mobile or email. I can send pictures (taken today), via WhatsApp or email.

MOB: 07841 190082
EMAIL: munkeycack@hotmail.com

Please note this link is for the current Bokeh line up so not all details will be relevant.

https://masoncycles.cc/shop/categories/bokeh-bikes

Thanks

Pete