wednesday with ring doughnuts as abelian groups

'ning

coffee webexes and more multidimensional fiddly stuff, do expenses, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing again, the local council have been gritting the roads this morning, busy morning for me hopefully get the bike out this afternoon
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Hybrid commute - maybe the short one as I have another day of scenario planning for doomsday
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    edited March 2020
    I'm off to do a bit of mountain biking today. Technically it's not a mountain as the trail centre is in Kent, but what the hell it'll still be fun.

In other news junior hound got bitten by another dog in the park yesterday. More of a play fight accident than a proper scrap, but maybe he'll learn not to wind up other hounds so much.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Today i'm thinking of building one of these to keep the infected students from my personal space.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Today i'm thinking of building one of these to keep the infected students from my personal space.

Use longswords for improved "range"

dull start here saw my first numpties wearing face masks today coming into work so that was fun. That said the containment centre was all of five miles from my house. Meh it's a flu bug end of the day. I'll stock up on the proven method of combating it, strong alcohol!

Anyway meetings, decisions some lucky dip on lunch choice today, raid B&Q for some draw handles an home to chat with a sparky.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Lots to do, so little time.

Buy currency, book hotel, swim, gym, eat some stuff, bed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Wondering if a collegaue has a virus so I can go home and self isolate for a few weeks. I mean I don't speak or go near them anyway but you know, play it safe.

Dates away this weekend, have to fend for myself, off to Costco I think.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Afternoon folks,
    A colleague tuned the radio to Kiss FM, having read up on the new computer system and the bollox they spout about it I channelled their gobbledegook and told him if he didn't turn it off I would be utilising the defenestration accelerator for him and the radio. Does that sound any more polite than threatening to chuck him out the fookin' window?
    I need one of those belts to fend off those asking stupid questions, I suspect a virus would be less irritating.
    On the subject of masks I heard a healthy person wearing a mask is more likely to contract the virus than without one. This is because the mask is not effective at stopping a person from catching the virus, but a person wearing a mask is more likely to touch their face and mouth fidgeting with the mask. Thus transferring the virus from whatever they've just touched to their internals quite effectively.
    Which particular doomsday scenario are you planning for TLW?
    Anyway, it's Wednesday so I'll be going for a beer tonight.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    tlw1 said:

Hybrid commute - maybe the short one as I have another day of scenario planning for doomsday

Tactics for the 2 up on Sunday? :wink:

• Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Today will mainly be reading up on my travel insurance/credit card/airline/hotel cancellation policies given I'm meant to be in Italy in 4.5 weeks.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • step83
    Longshot said:

Today will mainly be reading up on my travel insurance/credit card/airline/hotel cancellation policies given I'm meant to be in Italy in 4.5 weeks.

May be worth a serve that. We have enough issues with people going to Australia and a chunk of Italians turning up, I don't "think" Maranello or Faenza are quite in the no go zones, but they are now on about closing schools so god knows.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

:)

Going to Llandegla on Saturday morning if you fancy it
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

For some reason I booked myself on a 10k run on Saturday.

Apparently the fuzz have been out in town today giving cyclists tickets for trying to use the cycle lane because there's a gap in it about 25m long where you have to ride the wrong way up a one way street :|
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

For some reason I booked myself on a 10k run on Saturday.

Apparently the fuzz have been out in town today giving cyclists tickets for trying to use the cycle lane because there's a gap in it about 25m long where you have to ride the wrong way up a one way street :|
    Got to catch me first :)
  • step83
    Need a power cable? Don't worry Chord will sort your out one for £5,000.00 :o

https://www.chord.co.uk/product/chordmusic-power-cable/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,528
    Longshot said:

also worth keeping an eye on this, updates daily...

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

...it's starting to get fiddly, you could go to country x, even just doing a transit in some cases, and end up being barred from entry to country y

watching my gmc travel carefully as i don't want to mess up any hols!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny