Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Echelons

No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 11,974
Sorry, not a KLAXON post. Just wondering what sort of wind speed is required for them.
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!

• rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 66,308 Lives Here
    Assuming ideal orientation?

Have some vague recollections that Jose de Cauwer has said something like 15kph.
  • No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 11,974
    That little?

Might be worth watching Samyn today then. Pretty much ideal direction for a large part of the outward route.
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 66,308 Lives Here
    Also highly dependent on speed of the racing at that moment etc....
  • ProssPross Posts: 35,500
    You also need the change in direction. If you're riding all day with a cross-tailwind chances are no-one will force a split.
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 26,539
    According to Oliver Naesen:

25-30kph in the Tour
    20kph in Belgium
    15kph in Qatar
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 11,974
    Paris-Nice ECHELONS KLAXON! TV feed not up yet though :-(

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!