my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , frosty start, tigger walked, one very dirty bike to clean
    Have a good day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    On the train, got to finish off minions' appraisals and my board presentation in the next 2 days so may be a bit busy.

At least it's light when I get up these days.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    'ning
    Bit cold this morning, took 15 mins to clear all the ice off the car for a park and pedal. Thankfully it warmed up a bit and wasn't slippery for the ride in.
    Trying to work out what to do this morning before a big long meeting this afternoon.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871

'ning
    Bit cold this morning, took 15 mins to clear all the ice off the car for a park and pedal. Thankfully it warmed up a bit and wasn't slippery for the ride in.
    Trying to work out what to do this morning before a big long meeting this afternoon.

Did you go the main road way?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Hybrid commute was cold but nice to actually ride a road bike.

Theatre later to see don jolly, feck knows where we will park as the car parks are flooded again
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Had plans to pull the remaining ivy but it's sleet out there. Once again the weather folk lied to me.
    No more indoor riding pleeeeeeease...
    Still nursing a head cold or else its Corona virus.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    tlw1 said:

'ning

Did you go the main road way?
    I passed your dogging layby about 5 minutes before you set off :) then headed down the other back lane.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Rode a bike on Sunday, friend took advatange of the wind for a KOM. I pedalled slower.

Either have a cold that is hard to get rid of or corona virus, hoping the latter for the time off work.

Hope all is well with you lay abouts
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    ^^ !!

Jesus Mary Joseph and the Donkey... who the phark are you??

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,021
    Back from a week enduring 80000 Frenchies on half terms, luckily they all disappeared on Saturday leaving a fairly empty resort.

Skiing is over for the year, Amsterdam on Friday though!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Other activities beginning with the letter 'S' then?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

^^ !!

Jesus Mary Joseph and the Donkey... who the phark are you??

+1.

We're so old we've forgotten who he is :)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Thought I'd progress from lurker/stalker and see if your memories still work.

Re: HD - don't double up those S's. will not be a good look. Plus side for me, except the flights I have two more ski trips fixed for this season, outside of school holidays. Handy that as the Date teaches.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Afternoon folks,
    Feeling a tad weary this morning, grey and mizzly for the wobble to work. Part of my route was cordoned off in Kingston, a young lad was stabbed in the early hours of Saturday morning so I guess it was something to do with that.
    Another busy day here fending off the idiots, I can hear one behind me and suspect he may head this way before long. Best I keep my head down then.
    Good to see Flan pop up, hope all is well.
    The old dear is feeling much better but can't do a whole lot. Some things are shut and the places that are open are rammed due to a lack of choice. All the Chinese restaurants elected to close, so they don't get blamed for it all. But others are doing a roaring trade.
    I suspect governments will give up and admit defeat on containment when the impact on economies gets high enough. Probably a case of not wanting to be the first one to do so. Am I being cynical or realistic?
    Stevo_666 said:

Other than the obvious he could add a v to make it skiving.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355

Yes, but is he going to contribute something less boring than us?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Feeling a tad weary this morning, grey and mizzly for the wobble to work. Part of my route was cordoned off in Kingston, a young lad was stabbed in the early hours of Saturday morning so I guess it was something to do with that.
    Another busy day here fending off the idiots, I can hear one behind me and suspect he may head this way before long. Best I keep my head down then.
    The old dear is feeling much better but can't do a whole lot. Some things are shut and the places that are open are rammed due to a lack of choice. All the Chinese restaurants elected to close, so they don't get blamed for it all. But others are doing a roaring trade.
    I suspect governments will give up and admit defeat on containment when the impact on economies gets high enough. Probably a case of not wanting to be the first one to do so. Am I being cynical or realistic?

Stevo_666 said:

Not sure about you, but I was thinking of schmoking herbal cigarettes.
  • homers_double
    I can't abide smoking to be honest however I am partial to a nice cake.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    And on a plus side, whilst I've been away someone in BR towers has seen sense and put the opening screen of the forum back to something reasonable instead of that stupid fucking long list!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

Stevo_666 said:

Not sure about you, but I was thinking of schmoking herbal cigarettes.
    Indeed, that was the obvious beginning with S, what with hookers beginning with an h. Although they would make use of your obvious.