Endurance bike around the £3k mark

Looking for a new endurance based bike on the cycle to work scheme.

I was all set to get a Trek Domane but have just found out that the scheme we're signed up to is available with Mason and Fairlight which has made my decision even harder.

Does anyone have any good recommendations at around the £3k mark. I'm not really interested in electronic gears but would prefer disc brakes and no heavier than around 9kg.

The bike will mainly be used for solo rides of 3-4 hours but also have a 200 mile ride planned in for later in the year. It will mainly be used on the road as I have a Pickenflick but the ability to handle some light gravel and take 35mm+ tires would be nice.

Comments

• Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Carbon Synapse with discs and Ultegra will be a bit below that price. Will take 32mm (not 35mm) tyres and has hidden mudguard fix points.

Can't confirm the weight off the top of my head.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    I have a Domane, it’s a lovely bike to ride. Not light though, you’d be looking at the SLR model to come in under 9kgs I think. Mine is an SL, very comfortable. Easily takes 32mm tyres but as you probably know the 2020 model takes up to 38mm.
    I’m also in the market for a new bike later this year, looks like I’m going for a Fairlight Strael. I don’t expect it to be light though, probably nearer the 10kg mark. The Secan takes the big tyres in their range, does seem good value compared to other similar bikes.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    Wheelbase have the (non-HiMod) Synapse with Dura Ace for £2500 at the moment which looks a fantastic deal.
    https://www.wheelbase.co.uk/product/brands/cannondale/synapse/cannondale-synapse-carbon-disc-dura-ace-2019-19cdalesynapsecrbda/

I like the look of the Focus Paralane too. Takes a wider tyre than the Synapse and comes with mudguards.
    https://www.wheelbase.co.uk/product/brands/focus/paralane/focus-paralane-8-9-2020/

New Rose Reveal looks good and will be pretty light but guess Cycle to Work probably not available and may be less tyre clearance.
  • w00dster said:

I have a Domane, it’s a lovely bike to ride. Not light though, you’d be looking at the SLR model to come in under 9kgs I think. Mine is an SL, very comfortable. Easily takes 32mm tyres but as you probably know the 2020 model takes up to 38mm.
    I’m also in the market for a new bike later this year, looks like I’m going for a Fairlight Strael. I don’t expect it to be light though, probably nearer the 10kg mark. The Secan takes the big tyres in their range, does seem good value compared to other similar bikes.

It's the Strael that originally got me thinking about something other than the Domane, the Road.cc review says the weight of the Ultegra model is 8.9kg