Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

thursday in the cosy glow of the neutron target

2»

• oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,437
    Some of it and some down to its low down grunt and gearing. Amarok looks ok but that's about it, Big V6 auto doing about 17mpg even the landy wasn't that bad and it was only a little 2.5 tdi
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    oxoman said:

Some of it and some down to its low down grunt and gearing. Amarok looks ok but that's about it, Big V6 auto doing about 17mpg even the landy wasn't that bad and it was only a little 2.5 tdi

Ah yeah, I'm not wildly impressed with the auto, even with 256hp, mine is manual with a low range box. It also does 32mpg ;)

Currently waiting for the new Defender commercial as I fancy a change next time round
    I'm guessing someones at a loose end at the minute. I don't think we will ever see a proper rugged defender type vehicle again. But you never know. I suspect the replacement will be a dressed up softy.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 41,996
    32mpg! That's brilliant that is.

Auto's are not so good in heavy going.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    edited February 2020
    The amarok doesn't seem to improve whether under load or not. Driving like little miss daisy only got 30mpg even though empty. We had a transit pickup previously that did more to gallon when fully laden.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 41,996
    That's the funny/annoying thing about Transits: they drive better fully loaded. Ford never really got the gearing right on those things - it always feels like I need a 6th gear. The only van that ticked all the boxes was the Sprinter - drove fine empty or full.
    I have always sworn I would put a 2.8 diff on my 2.4 Duratorq to get a better top end without it sounding like you're revving the nuts off it but never got around to it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!