DI2 fit to Cube Agree

I am planning to swap the 105 groupset with Di2 on my cube agree C:62
The bike optionally comes with Di2, so the frame should be "ready", or so I thought.
I am trying to figure out how which cables I need and there is one thing I cannot figure out.
The front derailleur cable comes through a hole in the frame that is just small enough for the cable. This will not fit a DI2 connector (see photo).
How can I route a cable to the front derailleur?
All other frame holes have a rubber grommet through which I should be able to fit the connector.

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Your picture isn't very clear, but there has to be a removable grommet somewhere on the seat tube for the Di2 cable to come through.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Thanks. You're absolutely right, @StillGoing . Looking at it again, there is a small grommet on the seat tube that I hadn't spotted.

What do folks do with the un-used hole after fitting DI2? Should i just cover with some electrical tape?
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    dries76 said:

Thanks. You're absolutely right, @StillGoing . Looking at it again, there is a small grommet on the seat tube that I hadn't spotted.

What do folks do with the un-used hole after fitting DI2? Should i just cover with some electrical tape?

if theres not an official blank leave it or tape it depending on the effect on any OCD you might have. :)
  • StillGoing
    As above, I just leave it.
  • Use Sugru for the holes
  • Great.
    Thanks for the tips!
  • dries76
    dries76 Posts: 8
    Another, related question.
    I have started the wiring but I’m not sure what to do with the cable guides.
    My frame has some cable guides below the bottom bracket for the internal cable routing. Having removed the cables, the guides just fall out.
    What should I be plugging the holes with? Any ideas?

• StillGoing
    Gaffa tape. That or just feed a cut of section of cable through it when in place to keep it there.