Level T or M6000 Brake

Need to replace the elixir 5 on the front. Not looking to spend a lot and these two are both around £40. Of the two is one better than the other, or are on par with each other?

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    The performance is largely the same. If you have Shimano gears, you can use the Shimano I-Spec system to use a single clamp for the brake and shifter with the M6000. The Level T isn't compatible with Sram's Matchmaker. Shimano are arguably slightly easier to bleed as well.
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    edited February 2020
    I had a similar dilemma, ended up getting level TL.

I like them, what swung it for me was the alleged more progressive feel compared to a more on/off feel of deore or similar from shimano. No idea how true that is as I've no comparison.
    I was upgrading from cable operated disk brakes.

I'd guess the advantage of shimano would be they use mineral oil rather than dot 5(.1)? that SRAM use at dot fluid is is a bit iffy if you splash it on paintwork unless you clean it pretty quick.

Don't think there is a right or wrong answer really but I'm happy with level TL, powerful enough and I like the lever feel.

I've not needed to do any maintenance on them other than new pads when they wear out. I don't fancy bleeding them so I'll take them to the bike shop for that when info
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    edited February 2020
    Can't remember what the difference is between level T and TL, IIRC it's the same brake but the TL has better leaver mount compatibility or something.

Edit, yeh the TL is match maker compatible

https://www.bikemag.com/gear/components/brakes/first-look-sram-level-brakes/