Who will be the last World Tour team to win?

RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 22,652
Usually at this time of year there's about ten teams without a win. But this year we're already down to three. Who will be the last to record a win?

(Wins are UCI races rated.1 or above. No national titles, no classification jerseys)

Who will be the last World Tour team to win? 33 votes

Ineos
30%
blazing_saddlesmididoctorsgsk82coopster_the_1stgeoffh73mrb123fenixlincolndavejoe_totale-2mindy_monster 10 votes
Astana
9%
bobmcstuffskeetamNo_Ta_Doctor 3 votes
CCC
60%
daniel_bRichN95.shinyhelmutjanetthompsonDeadCalmshererrick_chaseyDialatronsalsiccia1Mad_Malxducknumber1murf1480bianchi_davecruffpblakeneycarbonclemtwotoebennydannbodgem.r.m.jct1993 20 votes
Twitter: @RichN95

• blazing_saddlesblazing_saddles Posts: 13,637
    edited 9 February
    Ineos
    Be kind of ironic if the team that's dominance has lead to the UCI setting up confirmation biased surveys in order to make rule changes were the last to win a race.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 22,652
    CCC

Be kind of ironic if the team that's dominance has lead to the UCI setting up confirmation biased surveys in order to make rule changes were the last to win a race.

As I've pointed out before, they have gone 93 GT stages without winning one - by far the longest of any WT team
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 44,470 Lives Here
    CCC
    Quite like that the forum now lists what your vote was.
    edited 10 February
    CCC
    See
  • bobmcstuffbobmcstuff Posts: 7,812
    Astana
    I went for Astana based on nothing at all and I am now regretting it as I seem to be in the minority.
  • salsiccia1salsiccia1 Posts: 3,254
    CCC

See

Good, innit.

CCC as I never notice them in any race and forget they exist a lot of the time.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
    CCC
    For the big one day races the acquisition of Trentin is an interesting proposition, as they now have two riders who can survive it with fast finishes....if they want to play the team game, that is.
  • No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 9,365
    Astana

I went for Astana based on nothing at all and I am now regretting it as I seem to be in the minority.

Yeah, but if it *is* Astana then we get more glory to share between us.

OK, it's unlikely.

“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!
  • mididoctorsmididoctors Posts: 7,102
    Ineos
    pure guesswork.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • CCC
    I think ineos and Astana win over the next few weeks, CCC will have to wait til classics although Masnada no Hirt may well get close prior to that.
  • andypandyp Posts: 8,103
    edited 14 February
    CCC vs Ineos now, after today's result in Provence.
  • gsk82gsk82 Posts: 2,355
    edited 14 February
    Ineos
    Can CCC win before Dennis wins the TT in Algarve?

Its strange to look at the Ineos line ups for most races and wonder where a win is going to come from.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Ineos
    gsk82 said:

Can CCC win before Dennis wins the TT in Algarve?

Its strange to look at the Ineos line ups for most races and wonder where a win is going to come from.

Carapaz looked to have it in the bag, last night. Ran out of gas in the last 300m.
  • Ineos
    It takes a Welshman to save Ineos's blushes.
    Doull wins in Provence
    CCC
    It usually takes until March/April to resolve this
  • Now all there is to look out for is AG2R's record of no win until May
    My Men 2019 - Mark Cavendish, Ben Swift, Fernando Gaviria, Alejandro Valverde, Edvald Boassen Hagen, Zdenek Stybar, Vincenzo Nibali, Geraint Thomas.
    Astana
    Hold your horses lads. Surely we get a last to win a WT race poll coming next? Rich?
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!
    edited 16 February
    CCC

Hold your horses lads. Surely we get a last to win a WT race poll coming next? Rich?

I can do fresh poll when we're down to about eight, probably after Paris-Nice & Tirreno. Only Trek, NTT, DQS and Lotto out so far.

edited 17 February
    CCC
    RichN95. said:

Early calendar is now weirdly busy.

More racing going on in Feb than in June or at least feels like that.
    Astana

RichN95. said:

Early calendar is now weirdly busy.

More racing going on in Feb than in June or at least feels like that.
    Yeah, it's a bit nuts. I've got a mix of "it's not racing until Omloop can't be arsedness" and "there's no way I can be arsed to follow all these races at the same time".

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!