Open Tubulars

I would be interested to hear people’s experiences of using Challenge Baby Limus Open Tubulars (or similar ones) compared to Tubs? The tubs can be run with a slightly lower pressure but the Open Tubulars can be repaired if necessary, costs are about the same if using a good quality latex tube, but it would be good to know if anyone has ridden both.

Comments

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    edited February 2020
    An open tubular is a tubular tyre that uses an inner tube ie it's not a tubular but uses the same construction. So a Vittoria Open Pave is the same construction as a Vittoria tubular Pave but you have to use an inner tube. challenge now do tubeless versions for some tyres

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/challenge-strada-open-tubular-road-tyre/
  • Yeah, I know what an open tubular/tubular are but have only ridden tubs so was really asking in hearing how open tubulars ride compared to tubs.
  • I have found that when I run my challenge limus open tubulars at lower pressure there seems to be a lot of wear on the sidewalls that’s I don’t seem to get on my dugast tubs.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Well open tubulars ride like quality clinchers - because that is what they are - so if you've ridden clinchers you know how open tubulars ride.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]