MTB tyres

gubber12345
gubber12345 Posts: 493
edited February 2020 in MTB general
Hi
Looking recommendations for 29er tyres with good puncture protection and good rolling resistance as goes for mtb tyres. The tyres I have are basically rubbish and forever puncturing.
I mostly run on the road and do some gravel so something in between road/gravel would be great instead of the full knobblys.
Got a £50/60 budget or maybe a little more.
TIA
Lapierre Aircode 300
Merida

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    You asked the same question on two separate occasions last year but didn't reply to the responses you got!

Continental Race King and going tubeless to reduce the chance of flats was one suggestion and consider changing to narrower road or gravel tyres was another.

Depending on the internal width of your rims I'd look at changing to gravel tyres in 38 or 40mm width. Have a read through THIS ARTICLE and see if anything takes your fancy.

What rims are currently on your bike?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA said:

You asked the same question on two separate occasions last year but didn't reply to the responses you got!

Continental Race King and going tubeless to reduce the chance of flats was one suggestion and consider changing to narrower road or gravel tyres was another.

Depending on the internal width of your rims I'd look at changing to gravel tyres in 38 or 40mm width. Have a read through THIS ARTICLE and see if anything takes your fancy.

What rims are currently on your bike?

Yeah just noticed that after I posted... Completely forgot about it tbh with being busy at work.
    Ordered the race Kings so hopefully they will do the job
    👍
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited February 2020
    Go tubeless and with sealant in the tyres. It won't stop punctures, but it will stop flats!