tuesday government, three-fourths parasitic and the other fourth stupid fumbling

2»

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    In which case, I will have to pass. Not keen on taking on more kids, they tend to work out expensive. You seem to be constantly paying out with them
    I am looking for something dependable, not temperamental and good bodywork. Can't afford a new model so will have to go used. Low running costs, a must.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

On another shed note: plans for my 2 storey garage have been submitted.
    (I've just bored the pants off Step83).

Oh you smooth talker you :D

Its all good! you gave me some good ideas none the less. WS we all gave workshop envy over yours, could probably fit all of ours inside your one.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    edited February 2020
    oxoman said:

PS she,s seen this and currently in stitches.

Quite obviously, there's nothing wrong with her.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538

Oxo, Would you separate? Not interested in the kids but may take the wife off your hands, depending on condition obviously and perhaps a road test.
    Is she in original condition or has had any work done? How many owners, miles on clock etc?

Good old Viz.

Love the ad that says '£300 - may p/x for busty goer with suspenders'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    oxoman said:

Job lot I'm afraid, no breaking or split lots. No work done, about like a midlife ford focus but the combustabilty of a Vauxhall Zafira or ecoboost fiesta. Strong hand needed at times. Very loving the rest. PS she,s seen this and currently in stitches.

Where are the stitches (asking for a friend)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    When Pinno talks about looking for a 'porker' he doesn't mean...no... surely not?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360

When Pinno talks about looking for a 'porker' he doesn't mean...no... surely not?

As long as there is a pulse...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83 said:

pinno said:

A mitre saw is highly beneficial to having x number of posts the right height. Better than trimming continuously when your post starts @900mm and then gets down to elf height.
    If you haven't got one, speak to a friendly joiner who can also cut your tops etc with a bench saw, all lovely and neat.
    Then all you have to do is screw it together.

When I did that bus to motor home conversion, I planned it all and got a joiner to cut all the large pieces of MDF. What a difference and he also picked up flaws in my plans.

If you pm me an email address, i'll show you how I planned it on Excel of all things.

I have a mitre and a compound chop saw, along with a jigsaw and circular saw handy for me one of the default sizes for the timber is 1200, the next is 2400.
    Height wise 850/900 is about what I'm aiming for I have a bottom box for a smaller tool trolley which is about 700mm high so i will be making it so it can roll under then the top box on top.
    I shall ping you a message shortly

Should be, although I generally use 4*2" framing timber for most jobs as it's readily available and just as cheap.

Top deck on mine above is single 32mm ply. It's plenty strong enough for what I do, but in reality is a little soft and easily marked. Am considering putting a hardwood skin on top

I'll slap some some hardwood ply on for now, I wont glue the panels together just bolt them so I can either flip or replace with something else if needed
    All of the tools you have mentioned above are great tools for cutting any kind of material. I have recently bought band saw in budget and it is proving greatly helpful for me.