Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

friday on a date which will live in infamy

'ning

coffees, more webexes, much killing done, but the list is long, so very long
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,146
    Yeah Friday. In offices far away which isn’t great, but there will still be time for the pub
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,865
    Morning, mild n windy, Tigger walked, coffee and granola for breakfast, busy day ahead
    Have a good day
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,531
    Morning, drove in for a change, sadly day1 of 4. Good news 2 days without idiot boss,s.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,739
    Morning, very very mild today bit drizzly though. Dog walked fry up consumed now to sit about wondering what actually is going on today.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Morning, I'm off down to the Cotswolds at lunch time but I've just realised I've left my running watch at home so I'll have to head off from here at 11 to go home and pick it up, I might even have to take the dog for a quick scamper about in the woods.

    Weekend shall be spent drinking with a mate from back home followed by London on Sunday for a work thing on Monday/Tuesday. I accidentally mentioned to the weird guy in the office that I was going to be in London for 1ish so he's planning some museum trips for us. I might turn my phone off and get pissed on my own somewhere. I'm looking for a specific piece of male jewelry (wrist based rather than nipplepiercings this time) so I could have a hunt about
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 40,133
    Who was it who said 'Infamy, infamy, they've all got in infamy'?...Happy B-Day folks (and I don't mean that French thing you use to wash your ar$e).

    Quiet-ish day in the office, unfortunately Friday night drinks will be curtailed by Dads taxi duties. Ho hum.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 40,133
    haydenm said:

    Morning, I'm off down to the Cotswolds at lunch time but I've just realised I've left my running watch at home so I'll have to head off from here at 11 to go home and pick it up, I might even have to take the dog for a quick scamper about in the woods.

    Weekend shall be spent drinking with a mate from back home followed by London on Sunday for a work thing on Monday/Tuesday. I accidentally mentioned to the weird guy in the office that I was going to be in London for 1ish so he's planning some museum trips for us. I might turn my phone off and get pissed on my own somewhere. I'm looking for a specific piece of male jewelry (wrist based rather than nipplepiercings this time) so I could have a hunt about

    If you want a decent dose of 'watch p0rn' then mosey down New Bond Street or try Selfridges watch room which is the biggest single one.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,304
    Stevo_666 said:

    Who was it who said 'Infamy, infamy, they've all got in infamy'?

    carry on cleo, caesar (kenneth williams)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,739
    Question..

    What do you think the odd are of me being able to squeeze 47c tyres under mudguards rated for 42c max. Note the tyres are 650b not 700c so i get a smidge more wiggle room I think

    Said mudguards

    https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/edge-al/
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,482
    After all the hyperbole of the last few years I can see today ending in a very wet, flat fart.

    On the flip side, I'm off to Kitzbuhel tomorrow :)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,360
    step83 said:

    Question..

    What do you think the odd are of me being able to squeeze 47c tyres under mudguards rated for 42c max. Note the tyres are 650b not 700c so i get a smidge more wiggle room I think

    Said mudguards

    https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/edge-al/

    Guess it depends on the tyre profile rather than just width - if the tyres inflate quite tall they might still hit the mudguards.
    Just try it :)
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,360
    'Ning
    Took the day off work today because I couldn't be bothered with 5 days of bull this week.

    Got dropped off at work (not my work) then ran back the scenic route. Heavens opened just as I was getting home so got a free pre wash.

    Trying not to fall asleep on the sofa now, shiny bike bits need fitting.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 40,133

    After all the hyperbole of the last few years I can see today ending in a very wet, flat fart.

    On the flip side, I'm off to Kitzbuhel tomorrow :)

    Go away HD (just bitter because I'm not going this year :'( )
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,739

    step83 said:

    Question..

    What do you think the odd are of me being able to squeeze 47c tyres under mudguards rated for 42c max. Note the tyres are 650b not 700c so i get a smidge more wiggle room I think

    Said mudguards

    https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/edge-al/

    Guess it depends on the tyre profile rather than just width - if the tyres inflate quite tall they might still hit the mudguards.
    Just try it :)
    True I hadn't thought on that, Pretty sure height wise they are shorter. Need to stand one beside the other an measure from the axle.
    Its not the end of the world I have some 700X33's that'll snug under happily. Just the 650's are so so comfortable.
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,482
    Stevo_666 said:

    After all the hyperbole of the last few years I can see today ending in a very wet, flat fart.

    On the flip side, I'm off to Kitzbuhel tomorrow :)

    Go away HD (just bitter because I'm not going this year :'( )
    I am going away, tomorrow!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,486
    step83 said:

    step83 said:

    Question..

    What do you think the odd are of me being able to squeeze 47c tyres under mudguards rated for 42c max. Note the tyres are 650b not 700c so i get a smidge more wiggle room I think

    Said mudguards

    https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/edge-al/

    Guess it depends on the tyre profile rather than just width - if the tyres inflate quite tall they might still hit the mudguards.
    Just try it :)
    True I hadn't thought on that, Pretty sure height wise they are shorter. Need to stand one beside the other an measure from the axle.
    Its not the end of the world I have some 700X33's that'll snug under happily. Just the 650's are so so comfortable.
    My 25mm Michelin Pro 4's sat far bigger on the rim than my 27mm Victoria's.

    Me drive, shop, drive, sticks, coffee and sweet potato soup me. Then washed the car.

    Happy day.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
Sign In or Register to comment.