sunday sundering symmetrical surrealities

'ning

another gloomygrey day looms

longish ride, maybe an extra brekkie at some point
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, miserable weather ,light drizzle just like yesterday I think somebody has turned that big light off in the sky
    Solo ride for me today , I have to be home a bit earlier we are out for lunch
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Weather forecast is for crap weather from 8-3 (I.e. most of the day) so I've already been out. Achilles is not happy about it :(
    The plan was to go back to bed for a bit but doesn't look like that's going to happen.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Just missed the rain at the end of the hound walk. So a few indoor jobs and chiller start due to heavy night last night.

Later is the football as the local team take on the favoured team - couldn’t get tickets so pub it is
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    tlw1 said:

Just missed the rain at the end of the hound walk. So a few indoor jobs and chiller start due to heavy night last night.

Later is the football as the local team take on the favoured team - couldn’t get tickets so pub it is

It does look like a day where some small North West teams could cause an upset :)

Not a huge amount happening today, which I don't really mind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Coffee next. Need to clear more space in the garage so the Mini will fit. New bike shed will help with that.
    Off to the Stoop to watch rugby with the lad this afternoon. Then he’s back to uni and I’ll collapse in a heap back home.
    Enjoy the day people.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Coffee, swim, cheese, ham and tomato on toast with lashings of pepper and salt...
    Done chores.
    Toots are settled.

Might ring Hoppy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Piddling it down here. Hello spring, are you listening....? Need you here now.

Surprisingly well after yesterday's double digit pubs crawl around Waterloo, Southwark, Borough. Restraint as in 1/2 pints some of the time is a good thing.

Prepping a broccoli & stilton soup while watching kickball on t'telly. Exercise? What's that?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Long weekend here. Watched a bit of tennis. Impressed to see the generosity of some of these professionals. Lots agreed to donate money per ace or set won or whatever, but Alex Zverev announced he’d chip in 10 grand per set - already up to 120k - and if he wins the whole tournament (which even he thinks is unlikely) he’ll donate *all* the prizemoney, because “he doesn’t really need it”.

That’s a bit over 4 million Aust Dollars for the winner’s cheque. 😳😳😳😳
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Donate to whom exactly? Fire related?
  • Wheelspinner
    Yes.
  • pinno

Yes.

Fast Faster Fastest Fun Filthy

They ^ don't work WS.
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

Yes.

They ^ don't work WS.
    Yes I know, but I decided to leave them there as a metaphor for my physical ability these days, which is similarly described as "broken links, doesn't work"... :-)
  • pinno

pinno said:

Yes.

They ^ don't work WS.
    Yes I know, but I decided to leave them there as a metaphor for my physical ability these days, which is similarly described as "broken links, doesn't work"... :-)
    They still look good on the wall?
  • Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Yes.

They ^ don't work WS.
    They still look good on the wall?
    All long gone. The shed now holds five MTB's and a lone roadie permanently bolted on the turbo, and none of then are getting much use really.

• pinno
    Yet.
  • Wheelspinner
    Nope, no e-bikes, ever. I won’t even buy a Di2 kitted one because IMHO the last thing the world needs is any more battery-powered things to replace a perfectly functional mechanical system. Don’t care how well it works.
  • pinno

...the last thing the world needs is any more battery-powered things to replace a perfectly functional mechanical system. Don’t care how well it works.

Will you let me off the rechargeable one's I use?

• Wheelspinner
    pinno said:

...the last thing the world needs is any more battery-powered things to replace a perfectly functional mechanical system. Don’t care how well it works.

Will you let me off the rechargeable one's I use?

In what, your sex toys? 🙄
  • pinno
    No. Kids toys, Lego, remote's for TV's etc etc