TACX Neo and Wahoo head units

Just in case anyone is struggling, the Neo and Wahoo ELEMNT head units don't tend to play together properly. If you attempt to follow a pre-ridden course, the Neo will lock up. If you attempt to do a workout using the preloaded ones on the ELEMNT, it can again lock the Neo up.

The ELEMNT will however connect with the Neo if you just use the Neo as another sensor rather than a trainer. It will show speed, watts and RPM without problem. If you don't want to use Zwift, Sufferfest, TR or whatever and just want to jump on the turbo and do your own workout using your head unit, as long as you've got your workout written down and your clock for your interval changes, the ELEMNT will work with the Neo.
I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I remember either DCRainmaker or Shane Miller commenting on this, although with some perseverance they got the elemnt to work with the Neo ok.

Still, can't be surprised that it isn't super smooth - the neo is now effectively a Garmin product, so they want you to use a Garmin gps with it.
    Same as the kickr, wahoo want you using a wahoo head unit with that.

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I had several communications with Wahoo, who agreed it will not work. I'll check with Shane, but i'd be surprised if he did get it to work following a course or route.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.