Grey Bib Shorts

I know Summer may seem a way off yet, but I'm looking for a good pair of bib shorts and thought I'd like to break from the norm of black shorts.

I really like the look of the la passione PSN bibs, BUT I'm put-off by their seemingly dire customer support.

https://www.lapassione.cc/products/psn-bib-shorts-grey

Any other options out there for a similar looking bib?

Comments

• awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Castelli make a bunch of stuff in a colourway they call dark blue steel or blue steel, which to my eyes at least in natural light,as opposed to whatever weird effect they used for their online kit photos, the only navy hint they really have is it resembles battleship grey...
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Chpt3 used to have a grey coloured bib short (I believe castelli make chpt3 )
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776

Chpt3 used to have a grey coloured bib short (I believe castelli make chpt3 )

I have a pair of those. My wife insists that they are too revealing to be worn in public, and I tend to agree. I now use them on the turbo.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • I would never wear them in public. I wanted to emphasize it, but the previous speaker got ahead of me.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    Can't say I've ever had any cause for complaint about La Passione. Ordered a few things from them and had no problems when I've had to return stuff.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Never go grey. Shorts are black for a reason.
    Sweat patches don't show on black.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

I would never wear them in public. I wanted to emphasize it, but the previous speaker got ahead of me.

^^^^^
    Biggest kit mistake I ever made...
  • Since we're talking coloured bibs, last year's best purchase was a pair of DHB shorts in navy. Absolutely love them, more so than my Rapha Classic and Pro Teams shorts. So yes to coloured bibs, but only ever grey or blue IMO.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    The crotch is going to be black on most shorts.

Have a look at pactimo. Their clothing is excellent and they have a range of shorts in different colours
    https://www.pactimo.co.uk/collections/mens/bibs
  • Interesting and valid points! I did wonder about the grey sexpest bit lol. Guess I'll stick to black!

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Since we're talking coloured bibs, last year's best purchase was a pair of DHB shorts in navy. Absolutely love them, more so than my Rapha Classic and Pro Teams shorts. So yes to coloured bibs, but only ever grey or blue IMO.

I have a pair of navy ones from Decathlon, only got them because I was debating the Rapha cargo ones an they had a pocket an were about half the price. Now one of my favourite summer shorts
  • tompo1
    tompo1 Posts: 12
    I've bought loads of kit from La Passione and can honestly say I've never had any problems with anything. In fact they are a pleasure to deal with.

Orders are usually received within 1-2 working days which is brilliant considering they are coming from Italy.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Male cameltoe equivalent. Don't do it.
  • pippi_langsamer-2
    pippi_langsamer-2 Posts: 1,470
    edited January 2020
    As a side note, anyone any experience of Casp cycling? Quite like some of their more minimalist jerseys. Seems very little in way of reviews though.

Btw, ended up buying a pair of Le Col Pro bibs in erm...black.