Tarmac SL6 vs Cannondale Supersix Evo (2020 models)

I am deciding between Tarmac SL6 Pro and Cannondale Supersix EVO Ultegra model. Which bike would you chose?

How does this bikes compare? Aero, wheels, weight, comfort, handling?

Would be worth going for S-Works?

Comments

• dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Tarmac would be my choice but then I'm very much a spesh fan
  • I think the sworks frame is the same as the pro. It’s just the branding that’s different.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480

I think the sworks frame is the same as the pro. It’s just the branding that’s different.

The s works has a different Carbon lay up, it’s a few grams lighter but it is branded S Works.

It depends on the disposal income of the OP, £10k for an off the shelf S Works Tarmac is a good lump of cash to drop on a bike which will halve in value in 12 months.

I bought a new Pro disc 2015 ( £4500 sale in Jan) whilst a mate bought a base Tarmac for £1100 in the spring and then spent another £1k on a pair of aero wheels.

Whilst I love my Tarmac I still feel slightly miffed my mate bought much smarter.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • daver1
    daver1 Posts: 78
    I can't comment on the Cannondale but have the 2020 Tarmac Pro. I would rate it as "ok". I'ts a nice bike but there are too many things that aren't great to justify the price tag.
    The worst of these is the Force AXS Groupset. In performance terms this is a big step down from wired ultegra for a big step up in price. It's noisier, clunkier while changing and less flexible.
    The brakes are also average. I've had disc brakes on my mountain bikes for years and assumed that they would be an improvement on a roadbike. These are powerful but offer less modulation and control than standard ultegra rim brakes (with decent blocks like cool stop).
    The frame is stiff but not harsh and the colour scheme is fantastic.
    The wheels are also good - not too harsh for what they are.
    I'm in Australia where the recommended price is $9,500. At $7,000 it would be worth buying although AXS needs at least another iteration or 2 before it's worth buying.
  • daver1
    daver1 Posts: 78
    The only reason to go S-Works is to get the S-Works name. Most people who have seen mine think the Pro looks better (it looks better in real life than in pictures).
  • Both great bikes, I would suggest you ride both and see if one feels better for you.
    Other than that, which one looks beter in the carbon/metal, once it fits you how can you go wrong with these two?
  • Neither. Get an Addict ;)
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    try both, and decide. the cannondale is 2 years newer and probably would be as good, but they do have awful bb's (bb30a is an abomination). this can be overcome fairly simply though. the s works in some areas doesn't mean a thing ( the new venge is the same frameset throughout the range) but the tarmac is slightly different. everyone I know that has either rates them highly as capable bikes once set up correctly.