tuesday and the temperature gradient has reversed

2»

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Due to the fire risk WS, do you piddle on your house regularly?

Yes, but not to minimise the fire risk. It's good for the garden. :-)
    If piddling on the garden was good for it, our lawn should win awards since we got 2 dogs. Unfortunately it looks cack.
    Next door's labrador's paintstripper piddle killed their lawn so they got artificial grass and it seems to have killed that too.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,736
    edited January 2020

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

If piddling on the garden was good for it, our lawn should win awards since we got 2 dogs. Unfortunately it looks cack.
    Next door's labrador's paintstripper piddle killed their lawn so they got artificial grass and it seems to have killed that too.
    We put down some astro turf type stuff on the bits of lawn that have got muddy with all the rain over the last 2-3 months and that's held up quite well. We'll very probably have to get it re-turfed as some point soon, so I'll need to see if there's some sort of genetically engineered turf that thrives on dog p!ss.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

My brothers uses something called dog rocks in their water that is supposed to stop the dog pee wrecking the lawn.

I heard about that, but it's too late for current lawn...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Entirely different, dog pee is better than weedkiller. But human’s is definitely good for citrus trees if nothing else.

Except @TLW1 which may be a bit, er, toxic... 🤪

:D
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

We put down some astro turf type stuff on the bits of lawn that have got muddy with all the rain over the last 2-3 months and that's held up quite well. We'll very probably have to get it re-turfed as some point soon, so I'll need to see if there's some sort of genetically engineered turf that thrives on dog p!ss.

Given enough grass and enough dog p!iss eventually natural selection should sort something out.

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Given enough grass and enough dog p!iss eventually natural selection should sort something out.

The hounds have done their bit. My lawn seems to have failed.

Whats the view on dog turds and lawns?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Stevo_666 said:

I know what the MF's would do.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

The hounds have done their bit. My lawn seems to have failed.

The fruits of the sausage plants?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I know what the MF's would do.
    Good thought, but they're a bit wet and soggy these days.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Entirely different, dog pee is better than weedkiller. But human’s is definitely good for citrus trees if nothing else.

:D
    Toxic? No: flammable: 180 proof industrial alcohol.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I will send you some :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    We are lucky and back onto woods so puppy only messes up the lawn/courtyard and sun room (yep found a present in there yesterday) for a short period
  • Stevo_666
    Junior hound (not quite 10kg) decided to pick a play fight with a Bernese mountain dog in the park. He's got balls considering they were only removed last month.