Re-spray of Carbon Fibre bike frame and forks

Hi, this is my first post as I am a newbie to proper bikes after having an e-bike and selling it having recovered from serious health issues.

I’ve bought a lovely new Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon bike and in addition want to buy a drop bar racing bike, second hand as a project and to use as well.

Seen lots of nice bikes on eBay but some of the frames on the Carbon Bikes are a little worn and was wondering if anyone has had any positive experiences of having a Carbon Frame resprayed or have any advice about this, please? The ones I am thinking about are the Specialized Fact4 Carbon frames. I know with Carbon the frames may have to be hand prepped so the work will cost more than aluminium frames.

I live in Bristol, UK, if anyone knows any good resprayers there? I have found Argos Racing Cycles on the web?

Many thanks for reading this post.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    If you're in Bristol, then using Argos is an absolute no-brainer. Go talk to them.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    I've had two carbon frames re-sprayed by Argos, you can't go wrong using them.
  • Thank you for your very helpful replies
  • If you are prepared to do it yourself I used spray.bike paint which was very easy and gave a perfect finish. Total cost was £30. Just takes some time to do the sanding down.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Or just strip off the existing paint and lacquer it, for that 'natural' look

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • hopster
    hopster Posts: 42
    Have a look at https://businessasusual.cc/colourburn-studio Bristol based and a great cafe to discuss your requirements.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Baileysim said:

Hi, this is my first post as I am a newbie to proper bikes after having an e-bike and selling it having recovered from serious health issues.

I’ve bought a lovely new Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon bike and in addition want to buy a drop bar racing bike, second hand as a project and to use as well.

Seen lots of nice bikes on eBay but some of the frames on the Carbon Bikes are a little worn and was wondering if anyone has had any positive experiences of having a Carbon Frame resprayed or have any advice about this, please? The ones I am thinking about are the Specialized Fact4 Carbon frames. I know with Carbon the frames may have to be hand prepped so the work will cost more than aluminium frames.

I live in Bristol, UK, if anyone knows any good resprayers there? I have found Argos Racing Cycles on the web?

Many thanks for reading this post.

I would buy a really high end, fast frame. Spend the bucks and just paint it flat black from an aerosol can. This accomplishes three things. You'll have a great hi tech frame, no one will consider stealing it, and you saved a ton of money by not getting it resprayed