100% sunglasses

I have looked everywhere and can't find any forum or threads on 100% sunglasses. Does anyone own any? If so, how have they been long term?

I'm interested in Speedcraft, Speedtrap, Glendale and S3. I just bought one pair of Speedcrafts and a pair of Speedtraps that I found on sale. I'm going to return one of them, but I just bought both to try out a bit at home.

The Speedcrafts fit much better and sit very firmly like Oakleys do. Not as good as Radar Ev or Field jacket though, which I own. The Speedtraps nosepiece is different, It doesn't hold as good at the nose but the temples are very tight. Too tight for me, and actually the tightest I have ever tried in sports glasses. The Speedcrafts fit is better but Speedtraps look better imo. The latter also sit against your forehead, I mean it touches it actually.

I already own two pairs of 100% Speedcoupes that I found cheap on CRC last summer. They are terrible both for mtb and road. When sweating, they slip a lot at the nose and the temples kind of rubbed against my ears and it hurt. They are unusable for sure. I tried a few times but they were just bad.

I know you might be asking yourselves why I need so many glasses. I am actually collecting them. I have 5 pairs of Oakleys, 4 of 100% and 1 Rudy Project. It is kind of an addiction for me, and a bit of a problem. I have to keep telling my wife that I'm buying fake ones. :)

Oakley have their own forum, so it's not hard to find opinions on them. Like I said, I can't find much on 100%.

By the way, I ride both mtb and road. And sorry for such a long post.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    It's just perspex and plastic. Don't lie to your wife over them.
  • fenix said:

It's just perspex and plastic. Don't lie to your wife over them.

I have to, she would kill me if she new how much I spent on glasses. :smile: Even though I always look for bargains and never pay anything near full price. I just got a pair of Sutros for 65£ and the Speedcrafts for 88£.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Having previously been an Oakley fan I've just bought a couple of pairs of sunglasses on Aliexpress. £25 for two pairs, with with multiple lenses each. They look VERY similar to the 100% ones.

Haven't arrived yet, but a few club mates have them and they are very good.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

• I also have a pair of fakes from Aliexpress, also 100% model. They are not bad, but the rubber quality on the nosepiece and temples is not even close to the originals. They slide much more easilly when sweating. Also the lenses are obviously not gonna be as good. They are great for the price though, and you get a bunch of lenses as well.
    asprilla said:

Having previously been an Oakley fan I've just bought a couple of pairs of sunglasses on Aliexpress. £25 for two pairs, with with multiple lenses each. They look VERY similar to the 100% ones.

Haven't arrived yet, but a few club mates have them and they are very good.

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Yeah, they arrived yesterday. For £12 including shipping from China they are excellent. I actually ordered two pairs and the second one unexpectedly came with an insert for prescription lenses, not something I've considered before, but I might try them out.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I've seen some fake Oakleys that seem to have very brittle frames. God knows what would happen in a crash. I don't want sharp plastic near my eyes.

I'm happy to pay a bit more for some QC.

• racerex
    racerex Posts: 69
    Love my Tifosi's.