Help me get comfortable and lactic acid .

I bought a btwin triban 500 second hand but in vgc .I raised the seat to the correct height but now the seat causes me pain inbetween my nether regions Also my wrists hurt and im finding i slip forward on the seat .Where do i start.A 45 minute limp home is now a 7 minute cycle ride and i love it.

Thank you

Comments

• If your not already wearing them then try wearing padded bib shorts. Also stick a spirit level on your saddle and adjust the saddle clamp as required to get It level.
  • Thank you.I will get my level out .
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Are you sure the frame is not too big? If you are slipping forward on the saddle and your wrists hurt it sounds like you’ve got too long a reach/ drop from saddle to bars putting your CofG too far forwards, thus you are supporting weight on your wrists, which you shouldn’t be doing.

There is considerably more to a bike fit than getting the saddle at the right height. If you post a side on picture of you on the bike with your hands holding the hoods of the levers and the pedal crank arm closest to the camera at the bottom of the pedal stroke, and another with it at the 3 o’clock position we may be able to offer some tips/ opinions. Oh, and ideally have the bike set up level on a turbo trainer for the pictures rather than you holding onto a wall, which changes your position.

PP