TT Di2 Cockpit Routing

asprilla
asprilla Posts: 8,440
edited January 2020 in Road general
My TT bike cockpit looks like a badly patched comms room with wires all over the place.

It's a Norcom Straight with the stem in the pocket so I'm a bit restricted in terms of hardware changes to a few extremely expensive options. Are there any sensible cheap options for hiding / improving (not just moving it to the underside of the stem where I can't see it) that don't involve a £250 stem?
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Could you switch to the bar end junction and insert into the end of one of the aero extensions? You'd then have to link the second shifter and a lead to junction B in the frame. You'd have two visible etubes, but wouldn't have a junction box stuck under your stem and all cables visible.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Thought about that, but that means you'll have additional cables. Fitting a bar end junction into an aero extension requires a bit of reshaping of the junction and the extension and you'd still need the cable coming out into the frame and a cable connecting everything to the bar end junction. I don't think that's possible.

I did consider it but thought about drilling holes in the extensions and bars so I could run the cables through the risers, but received wisdom is that if you drill holes in either then you'll burst into flames next time you ride.

Currently thinking about using heat shrink tubing around bars, risers and extensions to hide the cables and run them flush to the hardware.

If I do use a bar end junction I could use it on the front of the extension as I never use the left shifter anyway.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX