monday has a steep temperature gradient

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,547
    tlw1 said:

Long arsed day of work and not enough play.

Easter holiday booked, but too far away and too shite as it’s in Cornwall and as the weather was glorious last time it’s guaranteed to be shite

Keep driving the car - we need more global warming.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    tlw1 said:

@Stevo_666
    A bukkake film director perhaps?

Shouldn’t you get people to do it for you?
    Just had a horrible thought about how the radio dj from the '70s, Alan Freeman got his nickname.
    Youngsters may need to look him up.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Easter holiday booked, but too far away and too shite as it’s in Cornwall and as the weather was glorious last time it’s guaranteed to be shite

It’s a hybrid
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a hybrid
    Shame on you. Get a proper car.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a hybrid
    Shame on you for not appreciating the tax benefits
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a hybrid
    :D
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Stevo_666 said:

haydenm said:

haydenm said:

First day back, miserable day.

I blew a tubeless tyre off the rim at 90psi about 6 inches from my head last night so now I'm deaf.

My neighbours look to see what the racket is as mine are pumped up and snap onto the rim.
    I had to send mine a text to explain what the gunshot noise was. It happened in the living room at half 10 last night so now the OH is angry and wants me to redecorate the living room by the time she gets back from the gym tonight...

I inflated it a few days ago, I was trying to work out why the sidewall was still weeping so I had it up above my head and it just blew up
    Oh...It was full of sealant too?
    Messy :smiley:
    Who the hell does this sort of stuff in their living room unless they're a single bloke? :)
    It's cold outside and the garage bulbs have blown (months ago). As I keep telling her, if she had hobbies like me then maybe she could fill the house with bikes, guitars and coffee machines... We are currently looking* at buying a 5 bedroom house with a double height outbuilding workshop which I suspect I will be banished to.

Also, the wheel was already inflated and the messy part was done I was just checking it hadn't gone down again before bed. The bike room is right next to the living room. I tend to do the messy stuff in the dining room as it has a slate floor and no soft furnishings.

*like a kid looking through a sweetshop window
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a hybrid
    Some things just aren't worth it...though I don't get a company car. On the flipside I do get a very wide choice of motor :)
  • Stevo_666
    haydenm said:

Stevo_666 said:

haydenm said:

haydenm said:

First day back, miserable day.

I blew a tubeless tyre off the rim at 90psi about 6 inches from my head last night so now I'm deaf.

My neighbours look to see what the racket is as mine are pumped up and snap onto the rim.
    I had to send mine a text to explain what the gunshot noise was. It happened in the living room at half 10 last night so now the OH is angry and wants me to redecorate the living room by the time she gets back from the gym tonight...

I inflated it a few days ago, I was trying to work out why the sidewall was still weeping so I had it up above my head and it just blew up
    Oh...It was full of sealant too?
    Messy :smiley:
    Who the hell does this sort of stuff in their living room unless they're a single bloke? :)
    It's cold outside and the garage bulbs have blown (months ago). As I keep telling her, if she had hobbies like me then maybe she could fill the house with bikes, guitars and coffee machines... We are currently looking* at buying a 5 bedroom house with a double height outbuilding workshop which I suspect I will be banished to.

Also, the wheel was already inflated and the messy part was done I was just checking it hadn't gone down again before bed. The bike room is right next to the living room. I tend to do the messy stuff in the dining room as it has a slate floor and no soft furnishings.

*like a kid looking through a sweetshop window
    Sounds like the garage needs a few creature comforts...
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a hybrid
    Some things just aren't worth it...though I don't get a company car. On the flipside I do get a very wide choice of motor :)
    Too many miles :(

But still looking at it! :)
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Closed out Monday with a bit of a bizarre but minor accident. I was at Waterloo Station, at a platform, boarding a train. I stepped up to the carriage and then suddenly, I was sitting on the platform edge sliding down towards to floor between the train and platform. I don't know what happened. I didn't feel my back foot slip. If I'd missed the step on the train I would have expected to fall differently as my back foot would still be planted.

Very odd and very sore from train rash. Very little skin left on the front of my right calf. Sore backside. Worst damage was to my pride.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a hybrid

But think of the fun you'll have driving all those hours in a full fat version B)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a hybrid

But think of the fun you'll have driving all those hours in a full fat version B)
    Depends whether there's any open roads or just gridlocked motorways.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It’s a hybrid

Depends whether there's any open roads or just gridlocked motorways.
    Good incentive to take A and B roads instead :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Longshot said:

Closed out Monday with a bit of a bizarre but minor accident. I was at Waterloo Station, at a platform, boarding a train. I stepped up to the carriage and then suddenly, I was sitting on the platform edge sliding down towards to floor between the train and platform. I don't know what happened. I didn't feel my back foot slip. If I'd missed the step on the train I would have expected to fall differently as my back foot would still be planted.

Very odd and very sore from train rash. Very little skin left on the front of my right calf. Sore backside. Worst damage was to my pride.

That's one of those 'oh bollox' moments. Glad you weren't squished.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Longshot
    pinno said:

Longshot said:

Me too, thanks.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Longshot said:

pinno said:

Longshot said:

Me too, thanks.
    Me three, that's a pretty worrying thing to happen. Although I doubt we are as glad as LS.
  • Stevo_666
    Longshot said:

pinno said:

Longshot said:

Me too, thanks.
    Sounds a bit worrying. Did you black out temporarily or something?
  • Longshot
    Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

pinno said:

Longshot said:

Me too, thanks.
    Someone else asked me that. I don't know. I don't think so. I'm just a bit mystified as to how it happened.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    edited January 2020
    Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

pinno said:

Longshot said:

Me too, thanks.
    Someone else asked me that. I don't know. I don't think so. I'm just a bit mystified as to how it happened.
    Can you see a body lying on a hospital bed that looks like you, from up high?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Longshot
    pinno said:

Longshot said:

Stevo_666 said:

Longshot said:

pinno said:

Longshot said:

Me too, thanks.
    Can you see a body lying on a hospital bed that looks like you, from up high?
    Thankfully no!