Your dream bike

What would be your dream bike if money was no object. I,d pick the Trek Domane SLR9 eTAP AXS, an amazing bike in Red and White
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    If money was no object, I'd design and build my own frame, groupset and components from scratch.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited January 2020
    I agree, I would have design my own bike that is not restricted by the UCI like the current bikes in 2019 are.

Maybe I would even add a small lightweight motor in it for very long climbs (on the flats or descends a motor is pointless anyway so a small lightweight motor will do).

• naavt
    naavt Posts: 226
    Probably a Festka Spectre Prime with Campy EPS 12s Super Record and Bora WTO wheels.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    edited January 2020
    A Bespoke Sarto or Parlee with that Campy EPS 12s Super Record and Bora WTO wheels.
    If money is no object then why wouldn't you go bespoke?
  • I already have my dream bikes. One is a sarto frame with campagnolo record eps 11 speed. Look 785 huesz rs with super record 11 speed rs and a look 795. That's the super bikes but dream bikes can be more humble. My commutor is a dream bike as it so comfortable.

The klein quantum is a dream bike. The 40's benneto is a dream bike. There are 25 of them that I will not part with.

Dreams bikes to me are not the most expensive they are bicycles that you would not part with once aquired. That could be a £100 ebay find or £10000 bespoke super bike.
    www.thecycleclinic.co.uk
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958

I already have my dream bikes. One is a sarto frame with campagnolo record eps 11 speed. Look 785 huesz rs with super record 11 speed rs and a look 795. That's the super bikes but dream bikes can be more humble. My commutor is a dream bike as it so comfortable.

The klein quantum is a dream bike. The 40's benneto is a dream bike. There are 25 of them that I will not part with.

Dreams bikes to me are not the most expensive they are bicycles that you would not part with once aquired. That could be a £100 ebay find or £10000 bespoke super bike.

Er, nice, but isn't the idea of a dream bike being one that you would dream to own or ride but never likely to get to?? ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1
    edited January 2020
    I have just bought my dream bike after more than 35 years of dreaming. Saw a raleigh record sprint in my LBS when i was a kid and wanted one ever since. Got one for £95 on ebay on a whim and spent another couple hundred restoring. Not been far on it yet but it does not disapoint. (And I know now that this was a pretty ordinary bike, even back then)

• herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    The deleted user post above was me. I am now back under my former user ID.
  • WyndyMilla Saw Dr, in Cadbury purple, with ghosted graphics/logo.

eTap AXS and shimano disc rotors. (dont like the sram rotors)

Meilenstien (sp?) lightweight wheels.

Easily out of reach for me unless i win a sizeable amount on lottery, or inheritance.
  • I already have my dream bikes. One is a sarto frame with campagnolo record eps 11 speed. Look 785 huesz rs with super record 11 speed rs and a look 795. That's the super bikes but dream bikes can be more humble. My commutor is a dream bike as it so comfortable.

I'm with you on this one. My dream bike would be a Bianchi Aria with Ultegra. Simply because I love Celeste as a colour, the higher end Bianchis to me have always looked stunning and it's a dream bike as I can't justify spending more than £1500 myself on a bike. Would rather have many bikes than just the one.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    i like the look of so many different bikes that having a dream one seems a very difficult thing to do.

my Cento10air is pretty much about right for me, but I have been looking at a Look 795BladeRS, just because, or a Colnago C40 or C50.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Probably something that looked like a Bianchi Oltre XR4, weighed 3kg fully built, and had programmable, continuously variable electronic gearing.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Just one?

Cervelo p5x with Sram with eTap and some deep Enves
    Deep red Colnago Master Olympic with age appropriate Record and some shiny box rims (32 spoke)
    Something steel and bespoke from Saffron or English
    On One Space Chicken for getting very dirty
    Something bespoke in Titanium, proper high end and painted, with Di2. Probably a Firefly.
    Bullet cargo bike. Maybe electric.
    A CX bike to race.
    A Chpt3 Brompton. 3 speed.

I could go on.

Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I don't have a dream bike - I have plenty of bikes, they all serve their own purpose, I don't think anyone would describe any of them as a dream bike.

The dream is being able to spend more time riding them.....