R7000 105 front shifter problem

Just bought a used 2019 cube attain gtc pro and it's got a problem with the front shifter. When there is no cable tension the shifter lever operates as it should, clicking with each push of the levers. Once cable tension is applied the shifter lever doesn't seem to move the deraileur upto the large chain ring. There is a lot of resistance while pushing the lever. I've replaced the cable but still no change.

Anybody have any ideas what could of caused it to happen. Could it be the cable

Comments

• david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    High or Low (not sure which one, guess it high) stop being over adjusted?
    On a stand or upside down,
    have you tried releasing the cable and moving the derailleur with your hand whilst turning the crank? Can you get top ring this way?
  • Derailleur moves freely by hand so dont think its limit screws.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Is the lever compatible with the mech.
  • It's a r7000 shifter and front derailleur from a 2019 cube attain
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    edited January 2020
    Did you buy it knowing a fault? Did the previous owner ever have it working?
    My Ultegra front was getting stiff to shift initially, took it back and it was the cable inner. But you have replaced that already.
    Any kinks or sharp bends in outer? Burrs on outer edges? Could the nipple in shifter be misaligned or incorrectly routed?
    Have you set the cable up with lever in big ring and derailleur on small, only kidding, that's something I would do :smile:
  • david7m said:

Did you buy it knowing a fault? Did the previous owner ever have it working?
    My Ultegra front was getting stiff to shift initially, took it back and it was the cable inner. But you have replaced that already.
    Any kinks or sharp bends in outer? Burrs on outer edges? Could the nipple in shifter be misaligned or incorrectly routed?
    Have you set the cable up with lever in big ring and derailleur on small, only kidding, that's something I would do :smile:

Bought it knowing that the gears needed re adjusting but wasnt aware that the front was that bad. As it's a 2019 model and in great condition I assumed everything was fine. I'm gonna strip gear cables back and replace inners and outers with new and setup the front deraileur like it's brand new