Tacx vortex red and green flashing LED

My vortex has been working for 4 months. Really been enjoying using it.

This morning the LED has been flashing red and green. This is not a combination listed the troubleshooting guide for the unit.

My tablet picks up power, speed and cadence from the unit as usual but the resistance no longer changes in either power or slope mode.

Has anyone any wisdom to share re the LED of doom.

Comments

• Have you updated the turbo firmware via the Tacx app recently and then carried out a re calibration?
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Some people have posted with the same fault on the zwift website, You could post there and see if anyone has a solution. As its not a common fault you may have to contact tacx

https://forums.zwift.com/t/tacx-vortex-problems/11650
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    If I don't get the power reading I simply turn the Vortex off and on. That sorts it.
  • @picto1
    I have the same problem and just wnted to know if you got yours to work again, i need some advise please..
  • After months of fighting with Garmin SA, the problem with the flashing lights can’t be fixed and that’s it. So now I’m stuck with a Smart trainer that ain’t Smart anymore! Very annoyed with Garmin/Tacx.
  • picto1
    picto1 Posts: 5
    @bevin.cornelius
    I contacted tech support. They said it could not be fixed as you have found out.
    I went through the retailer, CRC, who sent it back to tacx. Tacx gave me a replacement. New one is going strong.