wednesday à la recherche de les mince pies perdu

'ning

dry, though nippy

await dawn for ride through post-apocalyptic debris, coffee, perhaps a doughnut, prepare to recreate if.... live

merry new year
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog to walk, bike to ride.
    Happy new year
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    They'll be un peu vicié by now, surely???

Greyish, cool-ish, cloudy-ish day here. Dog walked, now on DIY duty again.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Aaahhhh bed time
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    tlw1 said:

Aaahhhh bed time

You doing the double parkrun this morning? ;)
  • thistle_
    Morning

Parkrun this morning, maybe.
    Might go and watch/help with a local TT later as my bike's still waiting to be checked over.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Aaahhhh bed time

You doing the double parkrun this morning? ;)
    Missed it :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,505
    Morning All and Hapy New Year,

Bright and breezy today after another good lie in. Time for a dog walk soon then over to Tooting so tidy up the MIL's grave - what utter joy. I might dance on it when Stressbag isn't looking >:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    nippy and a bit foggy once out in the sticks, also soggy roads

more scoffing
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    "...un peu vicié..."; if you find any SG, just stick them in the oven.

Cat brought me a mouse last night and then another this morning. He's trying to tell me something.

Exploited empty roads.
    The rest of the day's itenerarary:

Wash car.
    Drop OH and toots at Gt Grandma's.
    Eat.
    Eat some more.
    Pick up OH and toots from Gt Grandma's.
    Eat.
    Sleep.

Happy 2020. I have feeling in my bones that it will be a better year than last year.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited January 2020
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Exploited empty roads.

On the bike or in the car?

I had a beautiful drive to the little smoke first thing, had 20 miles of dual carriageway almost completely to myself as the sun was coming up. It will be a car park again tomorrow morning on the way into work.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    afternoon :) happy new year Twenty20 (nah that will never catch on)

some trepidation with what this year will bring I think, but Ill strive to continually remind myself to enjoy the good bits when they happen, to get through the not so good bits
  • tlw1

pinno said:

Exploited empty roads.

I had a beautiful drive to the little smoke first thing, had 20 miles of dual carriageway almost completely to myself as the sun was coming up. It will be a car park again tomorrow morning on the way into work.
    You doing a hybrid commute?
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Exploited empty roads.

Nah not tomorrow. Need to drop the fast/crashed bike in at the bike shop on the way home. Supposed to be taking it easy...
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Exploited empty roads.

Nah not tomorrow. Need to drop the fast/crashed bike in at the bike shop on the way home. Supposed to be taking it easy...
    :(
  • pinno
    @awavey - you look after yourself on those roads you ride on. You keep mentioning the near misses and the idiots.
    Wrap yourself in a high vis vest - goes over your clothing and you cannot miss it. (I presume you're commuting?).

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dickies-hi-vis-waistcoat-saturn-yellow-small-38-chest/8069h
  • pinno
    edited January 2020

pinno said:

Exploited empty roads.

Car. Lovely drive, empty roads.

There was a few stragglers wandering around. To lay any stereotype on them would be quite wrong as they looked like they probably couldn't spell Banjo, let alone play one.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,505
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Exploited empty roads.

Car. Lovely drive, empty roads.

There was a few stragglers wandering around. To lay any stereotype on them would be quite wrong as they looked like they probably couldn't spell Banjo, let alone play one.
    Not Bagpipes then?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    pinno said:

@awavey - you look after yourself on those roads you ride on. You keep mentioning the near misses and the idiots.
    Wrap yourself in a high vis vest - goes over your clothing and you cannot miss it. (I presume you're commuting?).

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dickies-hi-vis-waistcoat-saturn-yellow-small-38-chest/8069h

thanks :) and yes most of the numpties I encounter are on the commute,the leisure rides are friendlier for the most part but I can ride for 3-4hrs and meet as many cars as I do in 20min stretch of commute, so I guess its just a numbers game