Women's endurance bike advice please!

I am cycling to Amsterdam over 4 days and need an endurance road bike for the training and trip. I am looking to spend under 1k and take advantage of the Jan offers.

I have found some online, but any help/advice would be appreciated! My current thoughts are Cube Axial WS Pro Disc 2019, Cube Axial WS GTC Pro 2019, Boardman SLR 8.9 CARBON Womens and Giant Contend SL 1.

Finally, a couple of questions, is 9 gears enough and do I need a female specific bike?

Thank you!

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    You could do worse than give Bridgetown Cycles a ring. https://www.btownbikes.com/
    You would probably end up speaking to Lynne Biddulph (nee Taylor) – Multiple national TT champion & long distance record holder including Land’s End to John ‘O’Groats & The 1000 Mile record.
    She could advise you on endurance cycling.
    Their website is out of date, they are in the process of changinging from a Trek dealership to a multi brand supplier.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    You need a bike that fits you and you may not be sure of getting this by comparing price, specification and geometry online (especially weight). I would visit a few bike shops and hopefully one or more of them will advise you correctly. If you're going to ride regularly then consider one that can accept mudguards.

9 speed is perfectly fine, you can get the same range of gears as 10 or 11 speed just with slightly fewer cogs.

No you don't need a WSD bike, women vary just like men do. After sorting a bike, finding a saddle that is comfortable is the most important thing and this is highly individual.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Is this your first time cycling, if so, that's a lot of cycling :smile: have you considered hiring one?