Alumium frame dent

Hello everyone I bought a new bike, and I noticed on the frame this (rounded) bike I only rode on the road and never off road I rode it for a few days, when viewed from the top it is not noticeable but when viewed from the side you can see the depression and feel at hand

Comments

• dent is in first photo
  • oxoman said:

If your referring to the small depression marked I wouldn't be worrying about it myself. It's quite possibly just a manufacturing blemish, dent. Some tubes are cropped and machined, hydroformed and as such you can't always get it 100%

Thanks for your reply!
    Okay so I shouldn't worry? but it just scared me when i saw the bike ride the longer routes
  • Help?
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    It's fine. Ride on.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    I wouldn't be worried about it either.
    If anyone asks just say you had some epic gnarly crash and ended up having to be cut down from a tree but that dent was the only damage to the bike :D
  • I wouldn't be worried about it either.
    If anyone asks just say you had some epic gnarly crash and ended up having to be cut down from a tree but that dent was the only damage to the bike :D

I worry because the bike is new, it won't expand or anything like that?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

I wouldn't be worried about it either.

I worry because the bike is new, it won't expand or anything like that?
    Only if you rub it while looking at pictures of people not wearing a lot of clothing.
  • denis992
    denis992 Posts: 65
    Not a problem. My guess is either a minor defect during tube forming or a minor warp caused during welding.
    A more expensive brand might have rejected it during quality control, which why they are more expensive!