Rear Cassette on Calibre Bossnut v2

I currently have a 11-36 rear cassette with a Shimano Deore 10 Speed Shadow Plus rear derailleur, is it possible to put a SunRace 11-42 on this?
I'd like the extra teeth for the up hills but would it make a difference? I ride a lot in Epping Forest and find some of the hills difficult so I would like to know if the extra teeth would assist.
Also what changes would I have to make? Would I need to get a longer chain and if so how many links would be required?
Currently the SunRace MX3 is almost twice the price of a bog standard cassette would it be worth it?

Comments

• ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284
    Are you running a 1x set up? As a cheaper option could be to just get a smaller chainring on the front, you would lose top speed in the smaller cogs but if this isn’t important it might be a better option.
  • ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284
    ed1973 said:

Are you running a 1x set up? As a cheaper option could be to just get a smaller chainring on the front, you would lose top speed in the smaller cogs but if this isn’t important it might be a better option.

A narrow wide chainring would be needed but you have a clutched rear derailleur so this would be fine.
  • Bossnut V2 1x11 conversion. If you do this the Mech Hanger will not be suitable. I did this had a nightmare trying to fix it until discovered RaceTi’s rti#74 stainless hanger, just sharing in case anyone else has the same problem. www.Raceti.com ...