Hi all anybody converted a pashley to electric

Looking to convert a pashley bike to electric . There’s a few kits on market and what to do with brakes on front

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not sure why you would need to change the brakes?
    The levers need changing to ones with a switch though.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I've done 2 bikes now - the issues I crossed were the tangle of wires because they all run externally - 2 to each handle on the bike, one down the fork to the front wheel motor, another from the crank sensor - all running to the controller & battery - and of course, it's not simple to shorten them so you end up with loops of spare cable - or a stretch where they're not quite long enough. The other issue was the gear shifting - as the kit comes with new brake levers with a built in micro switch - trying to fit this alongside the gear shifting proved interesting. On one of the bikes I had to replace the shifter as well because it just didn't nest nicely.

I didn't mind for these bikes as they're nothing nice/expensive and it served a purpose - but if it was for a nice bike, I'd think twice - the money spent may be better used to buy one that has been built for the motor.
  • Hi there thanks for getting back . The donner bike I would like to use is a pashley , it’s got an Enclosed front hub with the brakes encased (sealed) . At the moment I’m thinking your right , might not be worth it after all