Lower cup doubt

Hi folks! I have a rookie question here...

As you all are about to notice, I am relatively new in this MTB world and have tons of questions. Here comes one: I was thinking of buying a Lauf Carbonara suspension for my Surly Ice Cream Truck. I asked the guys at Lauf and told me that it'll fit fine, but that I'd need to change the lower cup for the one in the picture. Now, me being in Europe will need to pay 35USD for it plus another 40 something between delivery and import taxes... Which I'd like to avoid! But, as I said, I am new in all this and after googling for a long while I can't figure out which other cup can I buy in Europe (I couldn't find this model anywhere except in their own site) to fit the bike/suspension.

Hope you guys can help me!!
Thanks!

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    That's just a standard EC44/40 lower headset. No need to buy one from the USA. Just buy one locally.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Yes buy one locally just a standard external cup to fit a tapered fork in a 44mm headtube.

Hope make one which you might find locally depending on what your local bike shops stock.