tuesday traversing extradimensional topologies

'ning

mince pies, bring more mince pies, and coffee, aside from that, dabble with stuff, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, A better morning here no frost ,might be a chance to get in the garden today
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    WFH, should really do some exercise later but still not 100% well.

Need to sign up for some races as everything is too far out at the moment
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, I was in early to do someone elses job which I have been tasked with for evermore. This is basically child slavery.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    tlw1 said:

WFH, should really do some exercise later but still not 100% well.

Need to sign up for some races as everything is too far out at the moment

https://www.hawardenestate.co.uk/new-events/2018/7/15/hawarden-estate-trail-races
    https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/18041
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    You've done Kili TLW, maybe it's time to do K2 or Everest?

Bit dull again. Gone was that sunny stuff. SG's not doing his job.

Today will be bashing on doors to try and get communication. People are terrible at it. They want you to do things but they don't give you the information to do those things and then ultimately they'll blame me for not doing the stuff that they wanted me to do that I couldn't do because I didn't have the right information and then ultimately*...

et cetera et cetera

*Or I say Ciao bella. That'll piddle on their chips.

Think i'll get the chainsaw out.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    pinno said:

You've done Kili TLW, maybe it's time to do K2 or Everest?

Everest is reasonably expensive........ may have been looking
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    L
    tlw1 said:

:o

I have run out of mince pies, that's my big concern. I am too lazy to make a slight detour to M&S to buy more. Surely I can motivate myself. Come on man, pull yourself together.

• Cold, off to buy flowers and coal.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb

Cold, off to buy flowers and coal.

Coal? Can you still even burn that stuff legally? Genuine question.

My grandparents used to have a coal fire. Very distinctive smell.

• Well, not coal per-SE, SuperTherm smokeless stuff to buffer the multi fuel stove at home.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb said:

Cold, off to buy flowers and coal.

Coal? Can you still even burn that stuff legally? Genuine question.

My grandparents used to have a coal fire. Very distinctive smell.

Depends if your in a smoke controlled zone (most people are) You can use smokeless but it doesn't have the same smell usually. Used to have an open fire before I got the wood burner.

No mince pies here, seems to be a distinct lack for some reason so may have to remedy that. M&S still the best?
    Least till I bake some usually the mince has such a high alcohol content its considered a flammable solid, I think thats how its meant to be though?
  • thistle_
    hopkinb said:

L

tlw1 said:

:o

I have run out of mince pies, that's my big concern. I am too lazy to make a slight detour to M&S to buy more. Surely I can motivate myself. Come on man, pull yourself together.

Tesco here had Mr Kipling mince pies 6 for £1.85, or 2 packs for £2.
    Tesco finest were 6 for £1.75.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Cold-ish ride in and a busy day dealing with too much irritating crap.

@TLW - Everest should be fine as long as you don't need all of your fingers and toes afterwards. Also I heard that there's no decent uplift service.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Very busy day and had to work late, but it was my Friday so I can’t complain too much. Last aid course Monday and Tuesday so no work for a week.
    I must confess I have never felt the need to enter a race, I’ve often felt the need for a pint or a nap though. Talking of which, as it’s Friday I think I’ll have a beer.
  • hopkinb
    I did a race with you V. It was wet and miserable.

No work for a week sounds tremendous. I think I finish for Christmas on the 18th, as Mrs H3 is having her foot cut off (at least that's what she is making or sound like). Won't be able to move for a fortnight or something. This is what comes of wearing shoes that don't fit...

I had a nice bit of cheese earlier.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    hopkinb said:

I did a race with you V. It was wet and miserable.

No work for a week sounds tremendous. I think I finish for Christmas on the 18th, as Mrs H3 is having her foot cut off (at least that's what she is making or sound like). Won't be able to move for a fortnight or something. This is what comes of wearing shoes that don't fit...

I had a nice bit of cheese earlier.

Cheer her up by telling her things could be worse - our dog is getting his nuts chopped off on the 23rd.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_

Evening folks,
    Very busy day and had to work late, but it was my Friday so I can’t complain too much. Last aid course Monday and Tuesday so no work for a week.
    I must confess I have never felt the need to enter a race, I’ve often felt the need for a pint or a nap though. Talking of which, as it’s Friday I think I’ll have a beer.

A couple of friends entered mountain mayhem once - half of them did 1 lap then sat around eating/drinking/sleeping for the rest of it apparently.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    edited December 2019
    step83 said:

...the mince has such a high alcohol content its considered a flammable solid, I think thats how its meant to be though?

Yeah. Good move. I love food with grog in it. Or rather - I like grog with food in it.

John Voos (Independent Newspaper Photo Journalist) went to cover the Russian withdrawal from Afghanistan. [He had a short relationship with my sister before he saw the light. If you don't know him, you'll definitely remember the shot of Gorbachev shaking RR's hand in Iceland at the summit. JV was one of the few international journo's allowed in.]

Anyway, from Afghanistan, he brought back a huge jar of Pickled pears in Vodka given to him by one of the Russian military. We ate these things, and then wandered from Clapham Northside into Clapham, replete with (Afghani grade) spliff in hand. He got flown back from Cypress with the RAF. Obviously, they didn't check the luggage :)

Square pants Sister* didn't approve and he got short shrift and slept on the couch.

*It wasn't that, it was the fact that we were having fun and she wasn't.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!