Suntour raidon fork problems

Hi everyone i have a problem i need help with of possible. I have a voodoo bizango and i had a problem with the forks where if i put weight on them they sunk right down. I turned the bike upside down to try and take the lower part of the forks off which are Suntour Raidon forks and took out the rebound adjuster bolt and when i tried putting the bolt back in it will no longer go back inside. What have i done? Thanks everyone

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The Raidon is an air sprung fork, I believe.
    Have you ever set the air pressure/sag?

The rebound adjuster is just a push fit so should easily go back in place. Did you only remove the adjuster (red knob with allen key attached - item 4 in THIS DIAGRAM) or did you also remove the damper fixing bolt (item 5)
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you removed the bolt, when you say it will no longer go back inside, do you mean you cant get it in the hole or it won't thread and do up (although clearly 'back inside', if its the latter it's probably because you have the bike upside down and the damper road has fallen under its own weight to the fully compressed position, you need to put it the right way up, allow it to fall down and carefully insert the bolt and thread it in without pushing the rod up. Or let the air out and compress the forks to hold it against the lower while you insert the bolt.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.