new 29er purchase options carnt decide

hi people

I am currently looking at 2 bikes and cannot decide which to go for these are the 2 links for the bikes please help me decide which to purchase

https://planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBOOSCSX/on-one-scandal-sram-sx-mountain-bike
or

https://scott-sports.com/gb/en/product/scott-scale-970-black-yellow-bike?article=274600009

I cannot decide love the new scandal in black but is the quality of the scott outway the looks of the scandal

cheers
steve

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    What do you want to do with it? The Scale is an XC race bike. They're great and very fast on the right terrain, but are easily overwhelmed if you're planning to do techier downhills, jumps/drops etc. It's quite similar to the old Scandal that was available a few years ago, which was very much an XC bike. The new Scandal is more of a trail bike - It will be more capable on the rougher stuff, but a bit slower uphill or on smoother trails.
  • looking at the local old railway lines so will be very muddy and slippy and using it for long rides 40mile plus using bridleways ect ad a bit of road stuff aswell basically I want a good all rounder
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    For that use, I'd probably go for the Scale.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    steverav1 said:

looking at the local old railway lines so will be very muddy and slippy and using it for long rides 40mile plus using bridleways ect ad a bit of road stuff aswell basically I want a good all rounder

You describe XC bike usage and say you want a good all rounder?

The Scale would be the better bike for that usage but may not be the best bike for you if you want a more relaxed riding position.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • steverav1 said:

looking at the local old railway lines so will be very muddy and slippy and using it for long rides 40mile plus using bridleways ect ad a bit of road stuff aswell basically I want a good all rounder

You describe XC bike usage and say you want a good all rounder?

The Scale would be the better bike for that usage but may not be the best bike for you if you want a more relaxed riding position.

any other bike recommendations I should be looking at ??
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Voodoo Bizango? Cheaper, allowance for stealth dropper etc.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • Mostyn
    Mostyn Posts: 30
    Look at the Cube range of 29'ers. great XC bikes probably a Hard-Tail for the terrain you describe .