'ning

looks like another nippy one, hope no repeat of yesterday's soggy fog

ride far, perhaps discover a new mince pie
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited December 2019
    Morning, took Tigger out earlier white over with frost, 5 minutes ago it started to rain / sleet although it’s stopped now , I have no idea what the roads will be like this morning,
    Yesterday’s ride was put back to 1 o’clock , the roads were still wet and icy then , anyway besides that have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Weekend spoiled by man flu and a hotel that can’t sort the ferkin hot water out :( bright side, bar all of the shopping the wife has done, the weekend has just got cheaper
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    edited December 2019
    Not a lot happening today so will get start getting Christmas cards out of the way. One more uni interview next Saturday then maybe junior can relax a bit more.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Cold and icy and slippery here. Definitely not good cycling weather but at least the sun is out today.
  • Late lazy start. Brisk walk with the dog to get things going. Some house chores done, but plenty more required. Took motorbike for a quick run to shops for a change in between showers. Keep thinking I should sell it because it gets sod all use, but occasionally it's fun for a blast.

Miscellaneous stuff, a turbo ride plus short rower session, then a delish steak and salad dinner.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    windycold ride

main active hazard idiots walking into road without looking, they need killing, it's the only way to improve the gene pool

on the plus side, window 1 of the bubbly advent calendar has been opened and the contents chilled, need to decide what to accompany it with for lunch, that pic of hoppy's jamón has whetted my appetite
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

windycold ride

main active hazard idiots walking into road without looking, they need killing, it's the only way to improve the gene pool

+1

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    edited December 2019
    sungod said:

windycold ride

on the plus side, window 1 of the bubbly advent calendar has been opened and the contents chilled, need to decide what to accompany it with for lunch, that pic of hoppy's jamón has whetted my appetite

Did they have their nose glued to their phone? In which case definitely the death penalty. Suggest you wear one of those German Pickelhaubes to go riding then you can skewer them when you collide.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    sungod said:

windycold ride

Our ride was cancelled after 4 miles , more sleet and rain with the icy roads it was decided the best thing to do was go home
    An excellent idea

• thistle_

sungod said:

windycold ride

Our ride was cancelled after 4 miles , more sleet and rain with the icy roads it was decided the best thing to do was go home
    An excellent idea

I think it would have been a better idea to bail to the nearest cafe/pub :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, bit chilly today, fun filthy ride lots of random off road excursions. few beers and a lovely pizza when we got back. Noticed a crack in the faceplate of the stem so was rather lucky. New faceplate on order, cheaper than a stem!

Need more wood on the burner its still cold, think we can say winters appeared finally.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Tip with several tons of cardboard. School market for coffee, cheese, apfelstrudel. Hand in Hand for lunch. Topps for tiles. Walk for dog. Scrambled eggs for the kids on the new induction hob. Very impressed with the controllability. Also the downdraught extractor.

Going to have a piece of cheese for dinner. Must buy port.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    induction is the bees knees

have you tried the boost mode yet? gets an iron grill pan to searing temperature very fast
  • hopkinb
    The little magnetic twist pad thing has gone AWOL, so not full control. Confirmed in the instructions that I do have both power boost and short boost. With the boost, the extraction and my remote controlled velux windows, I can maybe make a proper steak without setting off all the smoke alarms. Maybe.
  • tlw1
    sungod said:

have you tried the boost mode yet? gets an iron grill pan to searing temperature very fast

We cook in the 70’s so have warm and not so warm hobs
  • tlw1
    sungod said:

We cook in the 70’s so have warm and not so warm hobs
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    hopkinb said:

Also the downdraught extractor.

Who says Peter Sagan doesn't have any influence on our buying habits.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Also the downdraught extractor.

Who says Peter Sagan doesn't have any influence on our buying habits.

I only discovered the Bora one post purchase. This one is integrated into the hob, which isn't Bora. Obvs if I'd known, I would have moved mountains to make sure I had the Bora one, and by association become more like Sagan.