Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, colder here but dry which is nice
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited November 2019
    Cool but damp here, and icy in places. It's a bit odd.

Early start at work, an angel needs removing.
    Ended up having to run for the train because walking was taking longer than expected.
    Early bail hopefully.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pedal, grind, scoff, grind, bail, rest. At least that's the plan. I'm knackered. Mrs and Mini's birthday tomorrow.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Knackered too. Eldest is 15 today which is just wrong.

Later is visit the new puppy and then off to the seaside for the weekend
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    It's dry! Lunch at the Army & Navy Club later followed by an early bath to assist at the school Xmas Fair that's been thoughtfully arranged for 5pm on a week day. No doubt planned by a bunch of 'Surrey Mothers wot lunch'. Hopefully a beer afterwards.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Rubbish sleep, despite some pharmacological assistance. Finally nodded off after second round of pills at 4am.

Walked dog. Went to town to get smacked about again by chiropractor. He reckons this week I am much better than last week. All things are relative I suppose.

Shopped for light fittings for downstairs, surprisingly easy process. Shopped for food supplies which was much harder. Why is choosing a breakfast cereal more difficult than picking which $300 light shade you'd like in the entry hall?

Now on glass of Cab Sauv #3.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    There is a strange sort of light, looks like there may be something shining in the sky. WTF?

Today features logging, splitting, stacking. And drying out gear and clothing from getting well caught yesterday.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Gave Stropteen and Stressbag a lift to the station as they're off to Liverpool for juniors uni interview. Got home, noticed they left the train tickets and her interview docs behind. Went back to station and gave them the stuff. They just made the train out of Euston in time...

Now on train into town myself. Bailing early to go for a beer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Bought mince pies. Trying to hold out until 11 a.m...
  • Mmmmm frost.

Are some people just born stupid or is it a skill which they develop over thirty odd years?

Early finish, make chillie for tomorrow, do other stuff.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Failed. Scoff scoff. They are really quite good. M&S collection mince pies. They keep coming top in the "best supermarket mince pie" tests.
    Also, I don't know whether any of you are in the market for discounted grand marque champagne for Christmas or longer term cellaring. Asda are currently discounting. Taittinger NV comes in at £20 if you buy 6. Same producer's vintage cuvee at £30. They also have Bollinger NV at £25. You don't have to buy 6 of each, you can mix and match.
  • hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Failed. Scoff scoff. They are really quite good. M&S collection mince pies. They keep coming top in the "best supermarket mince pie" tests.
    Also, I don't know whether any of you are in the market for discounted grand marque champagne for Christmas or longer term cellaring. Asda are currently discounting. Taittinger NV comes in at £20 if you buy 6. Same producer's vintage cuvee at £30. They also have Bollinger NV at £25. You don't have to buy 6 of each, you can mix and match.
    Ooooh Taittinger Vintage is my favourite fizzy
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb

Ooooh Taittinger Vintage is my favourite fizzy

Delivery might eat up the savings. I'll keep a bottle back for you. ;)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well Oxo, cars can be fixed/replaced, people less so unless you've nailed cloning. Was it a proper crunch?

Morning from frosty crunchy Brickhills, semi managed to get the hound to play ball running with me on the bike. She loved it for a good 10 minutes then found a Newfoundland to go play with. Shes now curled in front of the burner so quite content.

Need to split some logs too, work party this evening so that will likely prove messy though I shall probably not be drinking as I'm not in the mood for it.

Mean time I need to find some mince pies to envelop, brandy butter too perhaps.
  • hopkinb
    oxoman said:

Well today sucks big style, started well till I get the dreaded call to say. Dad I've had a crash. Luckily all people ok but car toast. One very upset lad.

Very very glad to hear that all people are ok.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Well today sucks big style, started well till I get the dreaded call to say. Dad I've had a crash. Luckily all people ok but car toast. One very upset lad.

Main thing is nobody hurt. The insurance renewal might be a bit painful though...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

I would do that, but a well known broadsheet was offering a case of wine worth £200 to take up a years online subscription, so my Xmas grog is already sorted :)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Had the week off (hence my absence from the forum). I've been down riding in the Cotswolds with a mate of mine, even got a blast round the Forest of Dean MTB trails on the CX bikes. Turns out his 10hr dead Iron Man time counts for nothing off road ;)

We are each other's best men for respective weddings next year so we took a day to buy matching suits on Tuesday in Bristol. Much easier once we were pissed, picked the first ones we saw.

Today I'm semi WFH but also cooking and listening to Motorhead in anticipation of BOTH sets of parents staying this weekend. #thoughtsandprayers

I've bought so much alcohol I might be able to top myself with it if it all goes as expected, this weekend will be dreadful. I might tell them I'm busy trying to meet my strava distance target and leave for most of the day, I'm 2000km off but they don't need to know that...
  • hopkinb
    edited November 2019
    haydenm said:

I've bought so much alcohol I might be able to top myself with it if it all goes as expected, this weekend will be dreadful. I might tell them I'm busy trying to meet my strava distance target and leave for most of the day, I'm 2000km off but they don't need to know that...

Don't come back until you have achieved that target, you should miss all of this weekend, and all of next week at 200km per day!

LD50 for ethanol is about 7g per kilo, so if you're about 70kg, then necking a litre of export strength vodka should do the job, assuming you can keep it down. ;)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Went to town to get smacked about again by chiropractor. He reckons this week I am much better than last week.

He's a good salesman.

Crispy, sunny dry here. Quite stunning. All on my Jimmy Todd as OH is away shopping [insert rolling eyes icon] but that left me free to play and do a few things.
    Now on toots taxi duties - not long enough in car parks to pretend to be MF.

On that subject - you get a mention in an email if someone mentions you.#
    Let's try: @Matthewfalle

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

On that subject - you get a mention in an email if someone mentions you.#
    Let's try: @Matthewfalle

Laters

He's gone missing before. Last active 1 November it says. I reckon they go and live in a cave/desert/jungle somewhere unpleasant with their employer. They put plasters on people, administer calpol, and count their multiple identities while muttering about fire, edwyn and dirk. I remember the main one moaning about not being able to remember its password though, shortly before we migrated to this new platform. Maybe they had a vote and decided they couldn't be @rsed any more.

Jumping on the bike and heading home shortly. It's been a long week.

• thistle_
    Wasn't he moving house as well?
    Maybe he meant witness protection.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Maybe he smashed himself to pieces with a hammer, set fire to the debris and threw himself over the neighbour's fence?
  • thistle_
    #Prayfor @Matthewfalle
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    edited November 2019
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

those are very nice, but they arent cheap, or by that I mean I can buy mince pies that arent quite as nice but still give me the christmas vibe for less than M&S, then I feel less guilty scoffing them :)

but coffee shop today was doing a Black Friday offer buy a hotdrink and get a mince pie for only 55p (thats 55p just for the mince pie not the combined cost)...I could have bought a box of 6 for 59p in Aldi across the road
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    The deep filled Aldo one's get voted best mince pies year after year. Though I haven't tried them
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!