Ditch and start again

Hi all getting really cheesed off with wireless computer do I ditch it and go the wired route and which to get . I’ll go with majority vote allowing for fact that I’ve already bought wireless one and can’t set it up
Thank you in anticipation

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Why ? Whats the issue ? My cateye was great.
  • peteco
    peteco Posts: 184
    What is it you actually want to measure with the computer ?
    It may well be that a cheap GPS device will meet your needs, and they don't need connections or setup.

Pete
  • Hi there thanks for getting back . Got the sender on forks, somehow I can get it to work in house ( where I flip wheel round ) but won’t work outside , having had another go it might be batteries the signal might be weak so still trying . Anything else I can try
  • The other option is as Pete said a cheap gps might work for me .I use iPhone but won’t link with my Fitbit on the apps available ( I suppose with how much money they are) any suggestions would be great fully appreciated thank you
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    What make/model of computer are you trying to get working? It would be useful for us to know so we can offer help

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Hi , it’s the wireless velo cateye , just into cycling in small way ( very small ) but we’ve completed about 23 miles today . At moment just to know how far in the time really , I used to have a trip counter on the wheel in the past but it’s all changed now
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    edited November 2019
    If I recall correctly the Cateyes get bad reviews.
    There are reasons most use Garmin or Wahoo.
    That said, simply using Strava on your iPhone will probably meet your needs.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • photonic69
    Had loads of Cateye Velo computers on my bikes, wife’s bike and kids too. Never any issue - unless it was mounted next to an LED light. Move it away and it was perfect.

• Thanks for that . Does that go for the light being off as well but I’ll try that next
    Regards
  • photonic69
    A new set of batteries would be a good start. My daughter’s one was playing up and not registering the speed. New battery in the fork sensor and all was well again.

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I have heard that lights can interfere with the reading but they have to be on.

Try moving them further apart?
  • I started by using my iPhone via Strava with no problems and got a Garmin 5.. for Christmas a couple of years ago. This again has proved faultless.
    I’ve also got a Garmin 735xt which again is faultless.

Happy days.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    My Sigma sport works with the led lights on at my rear stays - including cadence, but any closer and it doesn't.

I think that due to the uptake of GPS systems, guaranteed, some bike computers have been sat on the shelves for eons and therefore, the batteries are often probably duff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!