Any Cotic SolarisMax owners out there?

Hello, I'm considering getting one of these for winter riding, spot of muddy XC, Surrey Hills, Swinley etc. I have a full suss for the summer and I've always liked the look of Cotics and the idea of Steel. Doesnt look like I can make it to a demo day this side of Xmas so any owners like to share their reviews - how heavy are they? Are they too big to fit on a thule towbar rack? thougths on sizing for me as a 5'11 rider with long ish legs - assume a large.... any picks of them in the wild welcome, please feed my new bike hunger :)

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not an owner but
    1/ The frames weigh circa 0.3 - 0.5Kg more than an alloy frame, so that's obviously how much more a full bike would weigh with the same finishing kit.
    2/ Size wise why not compare reach and stack with your current bike.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I don't have the Max but a standard Solaris, I've never noticed the excess weight. I'm about 6'1" and have a large, you should be ok with a large as I have yards of seatpost showing on mine.
  • Thanks, the reach is 2cm more than my squishy so i think that's fine. Wheelbase is 3cm more which might be a problem on the Thule, but hopefully i can get away with it. They are stunning looking bikes