Newbie...which bike shall I get question

Hi all, new to the forum after deciding to register as I’m struggling to decide between bikes!

Currently have a mildly upgraded Kona hardtail and want to change to a FS...just because I rode one and it felt great.
Cyclescheme funded plus whatever else I throw at it (ideally around the 1200-1500 mark total - I already have a cyclescheme voucher ready to go.)
Been looking at;
Vitus Mythique 27 VR 2020 £1249
Norco FS 3 2020 £1395
Jamis Dakar A2 2020 £1100
Calibre Bossnut £1100

So very much entry level and low end components - I’m fine with that.

All the reviews say the bossnut is the “best value” but when I spoke to a chap at go outdoors he said he’d had no end come back for faults and endless adjustments and I was better off with a Vitus or Norco!!! Which confused me slightly...

So, where should my money go? Or what else am I missing?

Again, sorry for the newbie post and I’m probably overthinking it!

Currently I use my Kona mainly for trail centres like Sherwood pines, Cannock chase, Bestwood park and the occasional trip into the peaks...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    All MTB's need adjustments, ridden hard (and the Bossnut an be ridden hard) my bike needs a check after most rides.
    Maybe the Bossnut riders are inexperienced and don't know how to DIY the simple jobs (Stereotyping a bit I know).
    As for actual faults, not heard anything and two people in my regular group have them.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.