[Road Bike] All I have is 700c 50mm Wheel size, what are the other size?

ahiunglim89
ahiunglim89 Posts: 2
edited November 2019 in Road buying advice
I am really new to cycling wheels. All the information I know is 700c 50mm, which is my wheel size. So I want some advice on buying some other parts like hub bearing, spokes, etc. Ceramic or Carbon, Does the material matters the size? Thanks, oh one more thing, this is about road bike, not MTB.

Summarize:
hub size : .....
spoke size (20 front, 24 rear) : ......
any other part that I must know?
product brand doesn't matter, just need the size of things.

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    What are you asking? There are literally hundreds of different sizes of spokes etc, rim depth and width, hub sizes etc etc etc. Are you saying you want new wheels? Or are you saying you want to build some? If you want to build some I would talk with a wheel builder about what you want them for primarily (I.e. lightweight climbing wheels, stronger wheels because you are heavier, or more aero for predominantly flatter rides etc etc). Be guided by the wheelbuilder who will make recommendations regarding all the various options within your budget.

Posting sizes on here for ANYTHING will be too tedious unless you are specific and offer a good reason why you need specific sizes.

When you say advice about ‘buying other parts’ (of a wheel) one has to ask why? Unless you know how to build a wheel I would advise leaving it to someone who does as you may well buy incompatible parts (hubs, rims and specific spoke lengths depending on the lacing pattern).

PP
  • What are you asking? There are literally hundreds of different sizes of spokes etc, rim depth and width, hub sizes etc etc etc. Are you saying you want new wheels? Or are you saying you want to build some? If you want to build some I would talk with a wheel builder about what you want them for primarily (I.e. lightweight climbing wheels, stronger wheels because you are heavier, or more aero for predominantly flatter rides etc etc). Be guided by the wheelbuilder who will make recommendations regarding all the various options within your budget.

Posting sizes on here for ANYTHING will be too tedious unless you are specific and offer a good reason why you need specific sizes.

When you say advice about ‘buying other parts’ (of a wheel) one has to ask why? Unless you know how to build a wheel I would advise leaving it to someone who does as you may well buy incompatible parts (hubs, rims and specific spoke lengths depending on the lacing pattern).

PP

yes, the numbers confusing me. Im basically want to build the wheel myself, buying the parts separately. but, you guys doesn't have to answer my post, it's okay. I just need the basic what size to look at when building a wheel for idk (maybe speed? lighter?). If it's too much to teach, just give me some source that is easy for me to study at.

I am very sorry for asking too much >.<