The point where PR meets reality

shipley
shipley Posts: 549
edited October 2019 in Pro race
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris- ... criterium/

Seems it’s not a miracle recovery after all. I don’t get why the official PR machine doesn’t remain silent on him and let him “Twitter” what he wants.

It’ll all come out in the wash next year anyway and if he does manage to achieve his goal it will be a miracle given the younger talent in the team.

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Shipley wrote:
    https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-not-fit-enough-to-ride-saitama-criterium/

Seems it’s not a miracle recovery after all. I don’t get why the official PR machine doesn’t remain silent on him and let him “Twitter” what he wants.

It’ll all come out in the wash next year anyway and if he does manage to achieve his goal it will be a miracle given the younger talent in the team.

A lot of sportsmen come back stronger after serious injury. I wonder if its because it's the first rest they've had for years.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    Cycling News click bait. He was never set to ride the crit. He’s there to get the ££ and recce the Olympics course.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Cycling News click bait. He was never set to ride the crit. He’s there to get the ££ and recce the Olympics course.
    He got to go to the rugby too. I'm surprised Thomas wasn't there for it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    RichN95 wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:
    He got to go to the rugby too. I'm surprised Thomas wasn't there for it.

I presume (and hope) he’s been banned from poncing about this year :D
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner