Rockshock SID travel reduction

NeilP1972
NeilP1972 Posts: 5
edited October 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi

I have a Rockshock SID race dual air that's been kicking around for a few years. I would like to fit it to my sons bike but need to reduce the axle to crown length, has anyone done this?

Fork is 100mm at present and would need to go to 70-80. Fork i believe is a 2010 model.

I know its possible but building bikes and stripping down forks is new to me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Same as these https://upic.me/i/rz/rock20shox-sid-tea ... al-air.jpg

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    I would contact TF Tuned and ask them if it is possible to reduce the travel and do what you want to achieve.
    01373 826800

They are very friendly people. When you first ring, just say that you have a technical question about a Rockshox fork and they will put you trough to someone who can help.

If the fork has been kicking around for a few years, when before that did it have a service? It may be better all round to send it for a service and to get the travel reduced at the same time. If your son is light, they can alter the compression tune to suit his weight. Otherwise he might find the fork too stiff for him.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Dead easy to do on dual air, you just install a travel spacer to limit the rebound, so it's a lower leg service and drop out the air spring shaft, install spacer and rebuild.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.