Wednesday arrives without hint of a bad gateway

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,005
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
Cold!

Log burner on at home, boot camp later followed by a bloodbag being taken out ready for the next big ra**... Err, I mean giving blood followed by free biscuits.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• The irony being that as soon as I posted this I got a bad gateway :lol:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    This site is nginxed
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Seems to be back from the dead for the time being.

Woke up with knees feeling totally shot and no idea why. Might go for a run at lunchtime to try and sort them out.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Agreed to do the Snowdon marathon on Saturday, despite not running for ages and full of cold, knew I shouldn’t have drank last night.

Going to try and avoid the pub later
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    TLW1 wrote:
    Agreed to do the Snowdon marathon on Saturday, despite not running for ages and full of cold, knew I shouldn’t have drank last night.

Going to try and avoid the pub later

Idiot.

I did some running hill reps in the dark last night, first run in weeks and my hip flexor feels a bit sore today. Nope, no more running.

I've spent the morning trying to get some fancy looking maps onto my Surface book so I can look professional when I'm out avec le client tomorrow and Friday. On the plus side, first time out of the office in about 3 months so that's good. Staying away tomorrow night with Italy sailing guy so there should be a good few beers involved
  • 8.5km for me last night and I definitely need some new trainers.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    All good things come to an end. Waiting for the train to ferry us back to London, where we can battle through the rush hour hordes with a couple of big backpacks :twisted:. It's been like summer down here. Blue skies, no wind, mucking about on the beach.

Straight back to work tomorrow, at least it's only for a couple of days...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    'ning

it's back, it's back, as a matter of fact, it's back, also looks like weather is heading back to rain-based

so far, coffee, annoying things, kill, next coffee, meeting, bail
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    Yay, the forum's back :) Glad I'm not the only one who was having problems.

Busy day on the corporate hamster wheel today, including a revised push for global domination starting to take shape. Sadly my local branch of 'Eat' with the hot Eastern European lady that manages it, closes tomorrow. Boo hiss.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    WebEx, late lunch, WebEx
    Run or ride.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I guess HD was lucky with his timing this morning.
    Bit fresh out first thing, cold toes, fingers and ears. Had a flat last night, noticed it before I left so I fixed it in the office, rather squishy again this morning so pumped it up and rode in. Took the wheel off when I got here so I would remember to fix it during my lunchtime. It's still fully inflated, no hint of squishiness.
    Enjoy buying your lunch today Stevo. No problem getting pictures for us as it's not a problem if you get barred.
    Pub later.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

just finished smashing someone's hopes dreams and aspirations.

now eating chilli con carne.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Mine isn't.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Checked the tyre before leaving work, it lost no pressure in 10 hours. Nearly home and had a bit of a twitch going round a corner, thought the tyre had gone down again. Riding along looking at the front tyre and all is well, then felt a bump through the back as I rode over a tiny bump. Ballcocks!!!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,319
    HaydenM wrote:
    I've spent the morning trying to get some fancy looking maps onto my Surface book so I can look professional when I'm out avec le client tomorrow and Friday.

Get a drone.

Me found the fault me. Unraveled yards of loom and the bad section is cut out and new wire soldered in.
    Now to put it back together.

Went for a swim with Shorty. Trying to get her not to doggy paddle. Swam a few lengths.

Laters.

PS: Get new tyres and tubes VN, you tight git. Surely you have access to loads of tyre weld?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Enjoy buying your lunch today Stevo. No problem getting pictures for us as it's not a problem if you get barred.
    Pub later.
    I might have to see if I can get any last day special offers tomorrow :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Mine isn't.
    Same here.
  • veronese68
    oxoman wrote:
    VN time to go tubeless.
    That's what I was thinking. Have been lucky in that respect until the last couple of days. Current tyres won't but if new tyres needed might as well. I think the rims will, Velocity Blunt SL. I put tubeless tape on when I built them thinking I would go that route.
    Now, which tyres? Had Vittoria Voyager Hyper Pro which have been the best compromise of tough and quick I've come across to date.
  • pinno
    Mine isn't.
    Same here.

Perhaps you should try cycling more than 4 times a year.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    oxoman wrote:
    From experience I'd go for IRC pro formula xguards, been absolutely faultless. Expensive yes but I've used mine for 2yrs or so for duathlons, sportives, commutes and general training rides.
    Second this. Using these last year and this, no issues at all.
  • veronese68
    orraloon wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    From experience I'd go for IRC pro formula xguards, been absolutely faultless. Expensive yes but I've used mine for 2yrs or so for duathlons, sportives, commutes and general training rides.
    Second this. Using these last year and this, no issues at all.
    Thanks, just had a look at those and they do a 28 but not a 32, I've been enjoying the comfort of fat squishy tyres. Should I drop to a 28? Alternatively, found Panaracer Gravel Kings at Merlin in a 32 and tan wall discounted to £28. Anyone know if they are any good?
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    It's alright cycling a few times a yr it's the coffee and cake that screwed me up. Just sticking to coffee now.

Ditto.

Though I have been swimming lots in my defence.