pinno Posts: 51,199
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Just picked up my new motor. Not had the Hollywood treatment before when collecting a car. Under a black sheet in showroom all cordoned off. Bit weird. Made me slightly uncomfortable to be honest. But got it home and I'm a happy bunny.
    Whatcha got, Goo?

A Panzerwagen from Stuttgart.

An AMG panzerwagen by any stretch of the imagination?

AMG it is, and very nice thank you very much. Who knew I'd need half a dozen different ways to open a car?

A C63 estate?!

This gets more interesting...

Not quite that. Need the eco of a diesel.
    AMG Line Premium C220. Sorry to disappoint.
    Did have a client who had ex F1 AMG Merc Pace Car. Most mean looking estate. 5ltr, flared wheel arches.

I see.
    I've just worked out that Stevo paid £154 per bhp and Me; £63.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    edited October 2019
    Pinno wrote:
    I see.
    Bloody cheat, your car's a teenager :) Anyway I make it about 145 with the discount.

What would it have been when yours was new?

And lets do £ / torque as well. About £106/Nm for me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I see.
    Bloody cheat, your car's a teenager :) Anyway I make it about 145 with the discount.

£179

But it did have a BOSE stereo and chrono pack fitted plus a couple of extras.
    Without that, £159.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    That's the f@nny magnet premium...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I see.

Blimey you guys driving C43s and C63s. I'd need my own filling station if I had one of those with the mileage I do.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I see.

Blimey you guys driving C43s and C63s. I'd need my own filling station if I had one of those with the mileage I do.
    You only live once Goo. Got mine before they ban big **** off V8s that make loads of noise.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I see.
    38 and 16 here based on what it left the factory with, I think the numbers are a bit bigger now...
  • mr_goo
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I see.

You only live once Goo. Got mine before they ban big **** off V8s that make loads of noise.

C43 or C63 Coupe is where it's at.
    Has the Euro lottery been drawn yet ?.......
    Or maybe a G Wagon.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I've got a shyyte ford SUV. Diesel for added shyytness. I'll batter you all over 15 miles through London on my bicycle though.

A fast estate would be my choice. My last but one car was an Audi A6 avant 3.2 V6 thing, petrol engine. Bought it for fcuk all cash off an estate agent. Totally practical, and it spent most of its life wafting around slowly. Put your foot down though and it ate the miles. Wallowed about like a boat, as it wasn't a sporty Audi. Lasted 5 years before the gear box fell out.
    Now that me and Mrs H3 have some earning power between us, we should think about our next car. Unfortunately her ideal car is a Ford truck, one of those F150 things. Small woman syndrome.
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I see.

Or maybe a G Wagon.
    I got the estate: fancied a practical junior supercar. Drives like the coupe but fits a bike in the back.

If practicality wasn't a requirement the GT-R would be the one to have.
  • mr_goo
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I see.

Or maybe a G Wagon.
    I got the estate: fancied a practical junior supercar. Drives like the coupe but fits a bike in the back.

It's a beast, not sure about the matt green metallic paint on the one I saw at MB in Poole. Don't like matt paint full stop.

I'm planning on changing to the C coupe in 12 to 18 months time before I wreck the value with the mileage.
    C43 coupe might be on cards.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well, your all one up on my literal taxi, 2009 Passat diesel estate, it's the r line though so has a nice looking factory body kit, and the luxury extra of tyre pressure sensors...

Still, cheaper to run than my last two V6s at least.
  • mr_goo
    Step83 wrote:
    Well, your all one up on my literal taxi, 2009 Passat diesel estate, it's the r line though so has a nice looking factory body kit, and the luxury extra of tyre pressure sensors...

Still, cheaper to run than my last two V6s at least.

I've had years of driving company VWs, Fords et all, they all do a great job and can't fault them... except time I had a Renault which was utterly awful.
    It was a nice experience to treat myself and it's the first car I've bought for myself in over 30 years.
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It's a beast, not sure about the matt green metallic paint on the one I saw at MB in Poole. Don't like matt paint full stop.

I'm planning on changing to the C coupe in 12 to 18 months time before I wreck the value with the mileage.
    Likewise, don't like matt paint and must be a pig to maintain/fortune to repair.

C43 coupe is a good choice but if you can persuade yourself to go for a 63 or 63s, go for it. Will put a smile on your face every time, even just rumbling down to the shops. Next gen C Class AMGs will be 4 pot hybrids - end of an era.
  • mr_goo
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Likewise, don't like matt paint and must be a pig to maintain/fortune to repair.

C43 coupe is a good choice but if you can persuade yourself to go for a 63 or 63s, go for it. Will put a smile on your face every time, even just rumbling down to the shops. Next gen C Class AMGs will be 4 pot hybrids - end of an era.

I'll buy a used one. Let someone take the initial depreciation hit.
  • A lot of depreciation is the VAT which is usually offset by higher borrowing cost (although easily avoided by using bank money not the dealer rip-off rates)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Speed and fun per pound is far better on two wheels, my last bike had 185bhp and was as quick as the millennium falcon. Fastest accelerating was only 525cc but only weighed 107kg with a full tank of juice.
    Good idea to get a car now before any tariffs might kick in Goo.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Speed and fun per pound is far better on two wheels, my last bike had 185bhp and was as quick as the millennium falcon. Fastest accelerating was only 525cc but only weighed 107kg with a full tank of juice.
    Way more likely to end up being scraped off the road like so much jam though. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Way more likely to end up being scraped off the road like so much jam though. :wink:
    I think I might have gone for motorbikes if it wasn't for the likelihood that I'd have ended up being an organ donor.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think I might have gone for motorbikes if it wasn't for the likelihood that I'd have ended up being an organ donor.
    It's a good thing I started on bikes at 21 rather than 16 or 17 I reckon, fractionally more sense by then.