edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

suspect rain is back

coffee, meeting, meh, still need to sort out hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    More Spanishing. More taxiing. More flying.
    Breakfast first though!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    mrs s is off to nyc to see girlie chums, she's in the va clubhouse sipping bubbly, while i'm in gmc towers, doesn't seem fair
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, pretty sure I have cracked ribs on either side just out from my nipples, now it's all died down a bit it's easier to find where the proper pain is. Back feels totally out of line too and I can't click it back like normal. Grim and drizzly day up here for a change. Not feeling very perky, coffee needed.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Rain hath appeared, Noah is on his way probably. Hayden, keep on the anti inflammatory stuffs when I did mine I could bare the pain one the swelling had gone down.

Moving on, the rain is that fine stuff like walking through a cloud so you get soaked, walked in in the sailing jacket so bar my jeans I'm fine. Order of the say is hoover up sweets and avoid people.
  • haydenm
    The last time I did my ribs it was very obvious, one of the lower ones had just snapped and wasn't in line with the rest. The GP said there was nothing they could do and to take ibuprofen until the pain went away. This feels fairly similar (not completely excruciating at the moment) but my chest feels a bit heavy like there is a weight on it. I'll just ignore it and see how I feel riding on the weekend I think
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning
    Slow start to the day.
    Morning run didn't happen because it was dank and slippery out and it's promising sunshine at lunchtime....except now I have 2 meetings at lunchtime.
    After a break of a few weeks the demanding emails are back.
  • haydenm
    Drank some fancy wine last night which we have been saving for a special occasion, smelled good, tasted meh. I really wanted to just smash the collection of beers I have left over from the weekend but the OH was trying to be nice for my birthday and I didn't want to let her down
  • I cracked a rib or two falling off a box at the snow dome. It all hurt, laughing, coughing, breathing, farting, sneezing, the lot.

I'm now turning down Saturday night parties as pretty much every weekend from now until Xmas is booked. If anyone would like a job of impersonating me at functions then please send your details on a postcard.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    HaydenM wrote:
    Drank some fancy wine last night which we have been saving for a special occasion, smelled good, tasted meh. I really wanted to just smash the collection of beers I have left over from the weekend but the OH was trying to be nice for my birthday and I didn't want to let her down

No fancy hangover?

TBF when I was in the were jacking me with liquid paracetamol for so long I lost all concept of time. Stuffs bonkers.

HD, what skills do we need for this?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Appointment in town with financial guru. Picked up my car from mechanic on way home, news not all good, may be an oil leak that could get expensive. Might try and flog the car off quick instead, don't need that one anyway.

Mowed some of the paddock, till hands got numb in light showery rain and cold.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Step83 wrote:
    HD, what skills do we need for this?

The ability too look awesome, even after two bottles of wine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Well I'm not thinking of the kittens unless SG means the Atomic ones.

Busy-ish day but bailing early to do some dog sitting. Over the half way mark for the working week, how time flies when you're having fun...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

raining.

sitting in a car park.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • If kittens were lastminute.com customer services staff I'd gladly put them all in a sack with some bricks and drop them in to the canal.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    I had no idea that lastminute.com even still existed!

Back 'ome. Mrs H3 diagnosed with a chest infection, flat a mess. All sorted by me now though. She's hopefully off to the Balearics on Fri, then mini and me are off for ice cream and pasties in Cornwall, Sun to weds. 2 more days of unravelling assorted shyyte at work. Hopefully start getting CVs through to replace myself. Anyone want a job making me look good?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    hopkinb wrote:
    I had no idea that lastminute.com even still existed!

Back 'ome. Mrs H3 diagnosed with a chest infection, flat a mess. All sorted by me now though. She's hopefully off to the Balearics on Fri, then mini and me are off for ice cream and pasties in Cornwall, Sun to weds. 2 more days of unravelling assorted shyyte at work. Hopefully start getting CVs through to replace myself. Anyone want a job making me look good?

Me me me.

Don't sneeze Hayden. Diclofenac is the preferred anti-inflammatory. MF will agree.

Burnt my elbow on the drop slide at Cream O' Galloway :roll: This was on account of a wee boy called Matthew who was bottling it at the top. He was 10 although my Shortie did it again and again, no fear, to high praise. She's only 7. The indemnity was that if he actually did it, his Dad and the rest of us (who gave him a little 'support'), would do it too.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Me me me.

Don't sneeze Hayden. Diclofenac is the preferred anti-inflammatory. MF will agree.

Bung your CV in. Lovely.

Re painkillers. I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? Who needs reasons when you've got heroin..

Might be my age, but I love that film. Pulp fiction too.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Me me me.

Bung your CV in. Lovely.

Re painkillers. I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? Who needs reasons when you've got heroin..

But but to watch them properly, you need a f*cking big television.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Me me me.

Bung your CV in. Lovely.

But but to watch them properly, you need a f*cking big television.
    I thought that film was set in Stranraer?

Happily Stropteen and I have just badgered Stressbag into getting a new and larger telly. Rock on Tommy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]