Maintainance stand

coopes30
coopes30 Posts: 3
edited October 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all. I'm looking for advice on a maintenance stand for an ebike. my ebike is a cannondale monterra neo 3. the trouble im having with the stand I have is that the stands grip won't fit anywhere. I don't want to connect it to the seat just in case it damages the dropper. any advice is much appreciated.

Coopes30

Comments

• Put a cloth in the jaws and clamp the post just below the seat, Dropper or not, with just enough force to stop it moving.

That’s what all LBS’ do.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    I do what Tom Howard says, except I leave the front wheel on the floor. For those few occasions when I need the front wheel off the floor I put the down tube just behind the fork onto the horizontal arm of the workstand, with an old towel between. If I need to do some serious levering, like BB removal, I put the bike upside down on the garage floor, with the dropper depressed for extra stability.

My emtb has a carbon frame and the frame is just too big for the jaws to clamp on.
  • Thanks for the info Steve and Tom, I will give it a go, spent a lot of money on the bike last thing I want is to break it.
    Regards

Coopes.