Possible Stolen Bike

figus1979
figus1979 Posts: 22
edited October 2019 in Found bikes and parts
Hello

I bought a bicycle off ebay and after seeing a similar bicycle on Google images I clicked on the picture only for it to take me to a stolen bicycle website.

There were few pictures of the bicycle but the poster had not disclosed the frame number or given a crime number.

I contacted the owner via the website but have not heard as of yet though it has only been three days. If the poster does not know the frame number or have a crime number what should I do?

I have contacted ebay, visited my local Police station, etc.

What should I do before I hand the bicycle back to the owner as it would be nice to have definite proof that they are the owner?

It is not so much the loss of the money but the feeling that I was duped. I would hate for someone to steal my prize and joy and I would find it very hard to live with myself if I knew a 100% the bicycle was stolen.

I hope this makes sense?

Many thanks!

Comments

• bonzer69
    bonzer69 Posts: 2
    bike model and overall look?
  • bonzer69
    bonzer69 Posts: 2
    That would be a good start if willing to return it .it's definitely stolen been on that site.
    Mine got stolen pretty much that time but not having the details of the page you talking about leave me a bit baffled.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    What did the police say ? Is your seller still on eBay ?
  • figus1979
    figus1979 Posts: 22
    Hello sorry for the delay in replying.

The bicycle is a Taurus with a white frame.

The Police where not that interested as they said no one had reported the bicycle stolen, etc.

I have no idea if the seller is still on ebay as I have not checked recently.

Many thanks