New Canyon endurance 2020

pearceygy
pearceygy Posts: 56
edited October 2019 in Road buying advice
I’ve been after getting this bike in the kerosine red colour ever since i test rode on one but always out of stock, well I’ve noticed the new bikes have been released now and just for comparison the 2019 slx disc 9.0 is a lighter bike has better wheels/tyres and was retailing at £5899.00
This new version today has done away with the keresone red colour and retails at £6499.00, ok it comes with a power meter but that’s not something I’m interested in, quite disappointed to be honest as the 2019 model had become my dream bike.

Ps .....Anyone selling last years model I’d love to know.

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    £6500 for a pushbike! Good job my Dad's dead; he used to moan about the price of beer and bread rolls 'down south'. That kind of thing would've killed him!
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    keef66 wrote:
    £6500 for a pushbike! Good job my Dad's dead; he used to moan about the price of beer and bread rolls 'down south'. That kind of thing would've killed him!

I think you accidentally wandered in here, this is the cycling forum...I think your looking for this forum >>> www.thriftywhingers.com
  • MugenSi wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

I think you accidentally wandered in here, this is the cycling forum...I think your looking for this forum >>> http://www.thriftywhingers.com
    :lol:
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Pffft...until they start doing a Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Pro in a colour other than blue, they can kiss my...money goodbye

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Can anyone recommend a like for like bike for the canyon endurance? After test riding the slx enduranceI was sold on buying it as the fit was perfection, especially loved the integrated cockpit but It looks like I’ve missed out on last years model endurance, and I don’t like the colour scheme, or the price on this years model so I’m now looking at other bikes that would maybe give me the same ride feeling.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    I moved from a Defy to an Endurace SLX 3 years back (in kerosene red!). They are not a million miles apart. The Endurace felt slightly more stretched out but not by much
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    SecretSam wrote:
    Pffft...until they start doing a Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Pro in a colour other than blue, they can kiss my...money goodbye
    I think that blue is great. Much nicer than the constant stream of black that's everywhere. Just need to find the cash to get one now :lol:
  • GrenW wrote:
    I moved from a Defy to an Endurace SLX 3 years back (in kerosene red!). They are not a million miles apart. The Endurace felt slightly more stretched out but not by much

Really?

I went from Giant Defy Advanced 0 to Endurance CF SL and it was chalk and cheese difference!

Swap every part from the Giant to Canyon so a like for like comparison and the Canyon is a far better ride. The Canyon is far more smoother ride imo
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Tashman wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    I think that blue is great. Much nicer than the constant stream of black that's everywhere. Just need to find the cash to get one now :lol:

I have an aversion to blue bikes. The red, on the other hand, is lovely, but Ultegra only. I like Campagnolo.
    Black would be OK.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • dhall
    dhall Posts: 2
    I've been waiting months for the Endurace CF SLX Disc 9.0 ETAP to come out. Was hoping it would be available in RED again. Super disappointed in the black offering. It's the only color I won't buy. Please, Canyon, give us some good news!
  • dhall
    dhall Posts: 2
    Just got off the phone with Canyon. Their Endurace 9.0 slx disc will only be available in BLACK for 2020. Strange choice for their top of the line bike in the endurance category. Very disappointing.
  • Found one in about a minute of searching....Depending how much you want it, you can get it shipped to the UK...decent price too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Canyon-Endurace-CF-SLX-8-0-Bike-Size-L-Red-Carbon-Disc-Ultegra-/183847445161

Hope that helps...👍🏻