Mudguard recommendations please

dabber
dabber Posts: 1,924
edited September 2019 in MTB buying advice
As a roadie but now also a mtb newbie I'd appreciate any recommendations regarding mudguards.
After a ride a couple of days ago over at Swinley I got pretty wet...rain (of course) but mainly big puddles.
I'm particularly interested in rear mudguards but would also appreciate any input for the front as well.

It's for a FS Calibre Bossnut and for the rear I think I favour something attaching to the seatpost that can be easily removed, doesn't get in the way and doesn't snag the rear suspension.

For the front, the forks are Rock Shox Recon RL.
Thanks...
“You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut

Comments

• david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Mucky nutz on the front, ass saver under saddle.
  • dabber
    david7m wrote:
    Mucky nutz on the front, ass saver under saddle.

Thanks David. I'll have a look at the Mucky nutz but have to say I'm not so keen on the ass saver. I had one that I occasionaly used on my Wilier road bike and that fell off. I was never impressed with how secure it fitted to the saddle and eventually I lost it.

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Two holes and cable tie it in place :)
    The mucky is fantastic, especially if you wear glasses like me!
  • dabber
    I saw one of these which looked like it might be OK.... I know it says it's for a Fat Bike but should give decent protection???
    https://www.tredz.co.uk/.XLC-Fat-Bike-Rear-Mudguard-MG-C06-_126337.htm